Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1991-11-16-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Nate the Rat

Nate the Rat has taken the nickname to a new level. He cuts a promo with rats crawling over him and calls them his friends. Gross. He hates Jerry Lawler, and rightfully so, considering their history when Nate was his servant last year. What's with all the silly gimmicks? I'm guessing Lawler was booking again.

Well, somebody obviously rented Willard (the original) or saw it in a hotel room. They decided to rip off the Undertaker, but Nate evidently couldn't decide if he wanted to be a Paul Bearer wannabe or a Brother Love wannabe, so he splits the difference and acts like a rat-loving amalgamation of both.

Disturbing promo from Nate. Tough to really take him serious with all the rats and nonsense going on. I am ready for the Moondogs to come in.

Pete called this guy a cross between Paul Bearer and Brother Love. I think we ought to throw the WWF version of Jimmy Hart in there as well.

I don't know what to say about the rats crawling all over Nate's body, except that I hope they're domesticated.

Gravedigger, Undertaker. Same difference, or so Lawler probably thought when he came up with the idea.

Every now and again you're watching wrestling, and something so bad and embarrassing is going on, and you think.. man, I hope my wife doesn't walk in while this is playing. Or, maybe that's just me. Well, this was one of those moments.