Pro Wrestling Only

Puerto Rico Wrestling

Dylan Waco

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the recaps are only worth it if you actually see the feud play out. Should have most of this stuff on the upcoming DVDVR 80s set if you don't want to watch it on the Internet.

Is Puerto Rico getting it's own full set, or is that one of the territories getting a mini-set?

Along the lines of what Goodhelmet mentioned, my intention with these recaps/guides is to help provide some context for the matches and feuds (particularly for those unfamiliar with any of the WWC wrestlers and/or feuds, as well as helping out those who are not fluent in Spanish follow some of the angles and interviews), but in no way should they substitute actually viewing what happened.

Out of curiosity, how much WWC footage is available? From what I've heard, WWC doesn't have that much of the 70's and early 80's footage (although that's only what I've heard from some WWC fan boards in the past).

Right now I'm limited to what I can scrounge up on the Internet for these recaps, but I'll see what else I can put together. At the moment I'm considering one of these three for my next recap:

Texas Hangmen's run in 90-91

Carlos Colon vs. Hercules Ayala

Invader 1 vs. Chicky Starr (although this one would be on and off for the better part of 3 years)

I'm also looking to see if I can piece together a TNT trajectory. All this willl depend on when I get some free time, but hopefully I'll get to these this year. I just hope I can help out a little bit in bringing some more attention and maybe appreciation to some of the wrestling I grew up on.

I'd like to read more about the Texas Hangmen's run. I have some footage of their time in Puerto Rico, and they seemed to do pretty well there.

I'd also like hear if you have any information on the talent exchange pipeline that occurred between the WWC and International Montreal in the mid-80's, or your recapping how it went in a general context. I have read some stuff on it, but that was some time ago. It was beneficial on Montreal's end from what I saw, but I'm not sure how it was going the other way.

About the talent exchange with Montreal, that's really before I was a regular viewer. Based on what I have read and on what seems to stick with fans when they talk about their fond memories, I'd say that it may have benefitted Montreal more during the 80's. You probably have read this article before, but there's a good article on Kayfabe Memories that runs through the Montreal/Puerto Rico connection. It's in the Montreal territory section and it's #13.

Setting aside Abdullah (he did wrestle in Montreal but I'm chalking this one more to personal connections than a talent exchange), the one big net gain for WWC were the Martels. They were huge heels from the mid-70's and on throughout the early 80's when Pierre turned face and also had a memorable run. The death of Michel Martel and the subsequent feud between the Martels and Invader 1 still has repercussions to this day, as that is what cemented Invader's heart punch as the most dangerous and protected move in the local scene. Even when Pierre turned face, there was still an impact as that was the catalyst for Invader 2 turning heel and feuding with Invader 1 the first time. But even the Martels I might chalk up a bit to personal connections, since they started down here when Montreal basically fell apart in 75.

Outside of that, once Montreal started back up full force in 80 there was talent that came from Montreal, but none that reached the level of the Martels. Those guys filled out the cards, some had runs with secondary titles, some may have been the challengers of the month, but none really left a mark like the Martels. Basically, I'd say 83 is the last year you had a noticeable presence of Montreal talent in WWC and none that really remain that memorable outside of "hey, remember that guy" (at least among the fanbase I've had interactions with). By that point, WWC was starting to rely more on their NWA connection, particularly since that was around the time the local old guard started turning over (Barrabas Sr., Jose Luis Rivera Sr. and Invader 2 all left; Miguel Perez Sr. and Huracan Castillo Sr. retired from full-time duty; Hugo transitioned to the announcer/host position; Carlos and Invader 1 still remained though). I'd say the last notable run from a Montreal wrestler (meaning coming from that territory into WWC) may have been Jos LeDuc in 86 (I'm unsure if he came from Montreal for that run or not.).

So to summarize, the biggest yields from Montreal were the Martels and Abdullah (your mileage may vary on how much you think it's a talent exchange and how much it was personal connections). The Montreal wrestlers really started coming down here when the territory imploded in the mid 70's. Once the promotion started back up again in 80, the new guys that came down here helped fill out the roster but were not to any notable degree more succesful than what other guys from other places had done or where doing at the time. Also, by that point WWC had their NWA membership and were also using that connection to source talent.

Oh, and King Tonga left PR and went to Montreal so that right there benefitted Montreal more.

I know it isn't much in the way of information, but that's my general impression. I hope it's a little bit helpful.

I'll go ahead and see if I can work up something for the Texas Hangmen. Their initial run was only six months (September of 90 to the first weekend of March 91), but it was a memorable run.

In the meantime I'll leave you guys with some fun videos. It's none other than Chicky Starr competing on a local Dancing with the Stars knockoff. These are from about a year to a year and a half ago. Enjoy!

Brodus and Albert better watch out!

Baba was in WWC in September of 86 for the Universal title tournament. That match is from the first round if I'm not mistaken. It was a pretty loaded 8 man field. You had Carlos Colon, Abdullah the Butcher, Giant Baba, Terry Funk, Barry Windham, Rick Martel, Bruiser Brody and Boris Zhukov ("one of these things is not like the others...").

You look around long enough and you'll find some names that you would not expect to have made a quick stop in WWC.

For example, what about this guy in a TV studio match against TNT:

Or there's this fallen angel of a guy:

Or this legendary special referee:

Before the hellfire and brimstone it was doomsday:

With WWC there's always a bit of "Wow, that guy was here?".

I usually try to catch a bit of the Sunday show to see what the week's classic is, but it seems lately they're repeating matches that have already been shown or showing ones that are already available on Youtube.

• 1 month later...

The scene is WWC in September of 1990, almost two months removed from Aniversario 90. Carlos Colon is the Universal champion and has been feuding with TNT over the title since Aniversario. Invader 1 (having dispatched of Leo Burke) has also been involved with TNT, to the point where TNT and Chicky Starr (TNT had gone full heel after Aniversario and joined with Chicky) brought in Kim Duk (better known to some as Tiger Chung Lee) to help deal with Carlos and Invader. As such, TNT was going after old man Colon's (Viejito Colon is what TNT was calling him) Universal title, while Kim Duk would target Invader's Carribean title.

Sadly, Chicky is either already gone or about to be gone (ending quite a run for him as basically the lynchpin of the heel division serving as wrestler, manager, interview segment host and commentator). He would not be back until the latter half of the 90's. El Profe would inherit the remnants of the Sports Club (and eventually have his own interview segment "El Profe's Wrestling School"). TNT had been the TV champion, but I think he vacated it to go after Colon. Likewise, the Puerto Rican title is vacant, the previous champion being Manny Fernandez (the belt was vacated in June due to injury).

The World Junior title continues its ping pong existence, with Ron Starr of all people being the current champ and being challenged by the former champ Huracan Castillo Jr. This is a bit of an offshoot of the Mercenaries / Caribbean Express feud that had happened earlier in the summer over the Caribbean tag titles. The Mercenaries are no more and Starr is basically at the end of his run and would be gone by the end of October. The Caribbean Express are wrestling both as singles and as a team around this time.

Elsewhere, the Women's title had been reactivated, with Monster Ripper winning the tournament for the title. She is currently serving as women's champion, manager and interview segment host (and speaking fairly good Spanish in her interviews). Her rival for the title was Sasha, a local female wrestler who had a notable run in the mid 80' s as a heel valet and then a fan favorite (Eric Embry figures into this). Monster Ripper and Sasha would feud in the ring and as managers, with Monster Ripper managing the team of Rick Valentine and Lance Idol and Sasha seconding the Super Medicos (both teams were feuding over the World tag titles).

Some new arrivals off note also around this time. Besides the previously mentioned Kim Duk, we have new face sensation the Giant Warrior, we have slimy heel Eric Embry returning (and getting involved once more with Sasha), newly turned face Carl Styles (the old got seriously hurt, was abandoned by Chicky and Profe in the hospital, and now am back for revenge face turn) and a new tag team coming in known as the Texas Hangmen. They would get El Profe as their manager.

That sets the scene for the following run through of the Texas Hangmen's first run in WWC.

Texas Hangmen Promo Video (1990)

The Hangmen were introduced to the WWC audience with the following hype video. The clips appear to be from a TV studio match and at the end Psycho and Killer basically say they are coming for the tag belts.

WWC: Gama Singh & Carl Styles vs. T.N.T. & Kim Duk

This match has nothing to do with the Hangmen. It's a match showcasing TNT and Kim Duk prior to that weekend's main event tag match pititng them against Colon and Invader. I'm including it because of the segment at the end where Hugo hypes that Saturday's house show card and says that we will also see the official Puerto Rico debut of the Texas Hangmen tonight. Hugo mentions that they are a dangerous team.

Cards for the first two weeks of September 1990

Here we have a run through of the first week of cards the Hangmen were in. The cards are as follows:

Saturday September 1

Carlos Colon & Invader 1 vs. TNT & Kim Duk

Rematch for the World Tag Titles: Rick Valentine & Lance Idol w/Monster Ripper defend against. Super Medicos 1 & 3 w/Sasha

Miguelito Perez vs. Mr. Pogo

Rematch for the Junior Heavyweight Title: Ron Starr defends against Huracan Castillo Jr.

Invader 4 & Super Medico 4 vs. The Texas Hangmen w/El Profe (their official debut)

and other great matches.

Thurday September 6

Carlos Colon vs. his arch rival Abdullah the Butcher

Invader 1 vs. TNT

Giant Warrior vs. Kim Duk

Carl Styles vs. Mr. Pogo

Miguelito Perez & Huracan Castillo Jr. vs. Rick Valentine & Lance Idol w/Monster Ripper

Los Super Medicos vs. the Texas Hangmen

Saturday September 8

Universal Title Match with the ring surrounded by Barbed Wire: Carlos Colon defends against TNT

No DQ Rematch for the Caribbean Title: Invader 1 defends against Kim Duk

Giant Warrior vs. Abdullah the Butcher

Miguelito Perez & Huracan Castillo Jr. vs. the Texas Hangmen

and other great matches.

So already the Hangmen are being pitted against the top two face teams in their first week.

Texas Hangmen v. Miguel Perez Jr/Huracan Castillo Jr. - 1990

This match likely takes place in mid September. The Caribbean Express takes on the Texas Hangmen with the Caribbean titles on the line. Your announce team is Hugo Savinovich and El Profe (Chicky had definitely left by this point). I'll give a bit more detail of the announcing for this one just to give some flavor of how the Hugo/Profe team operates on commentary.

As the video starts, Hugo appears to be talking about the difficulty in telling the Hangmen apart and how that causes problems when figuring out who the legal man is. El Profe interrupts, basically seeing himself on screen and waxing poetic about how handsome he is. Hugo asks if he needs a moment and El Profe says he was only stating reality. Hugo asks him if his mother accepts the reality of who her son is and Profe says that he gives her an autographed photo of himself as her Mother's Day gift (much to her delight) and she has a wall filled with his pictures. Hugo marvels that mothers are such wonderoful beings that they forgive their son's faults. El Profe counters with "Just like your mother", and from there Hugo says the match is about to start so let's focus on that.

Anyway, to the match. Profe starts putting over the Hangmen's size and that he only brings the cream of the crop to PR. Hugo tries to figure out which Hangmen (Psycho or Killer) is in the ring, while Profe says that it doesn't matter which one's which, the important thing is that one's in and the other's outside. Early on, Castillo uses his quickness to get a quick advantage. The Hangmen regroup and Profe rings the cowbell in support (Profe on commentary: "Who does the bell toll for, it tolls for Miguelito and Castillo. What a beautiful thought"). Hugo mentions that this Thursday we'll be in Guanica and runs down the list of wrestlers scheduled (Ron Starr, Castillo, Invader 4, Profe, Gran Mendoza, Super Medicos 1&3, Embry, Rick Valentine, Giant Warrior, Kim Duk, Carlos and Roadblock!). As the Hangmen take control, Hugo identifies the one in the ring as Psycho. Profe starts saying that is not that hard to tell them apart, one has blue eyes and the other has green eyes (Me: Good luck with that ref!). We go to commercial break and are back with the Hangmen still in control, although with Miguelito in. Hugo says that the Hangmen have had a tough time putting away the Caribbean Express. Profe counters that its his fault, he hasn't yet fully counseled the Hangmen about their opponents style, but he'll remedy that soon.

At this point, the Hangmen miss a dive from the top and Miguelito makes the hot tag. Castillo is a house a fire! Hugo mentions this Friday we'll be in Camuy. In addiiton to the wrestlers (Carlos, Hangmen, Embry & Valentine, Super Medicos, Ripper and Sasha will tangle, Castillo, Giant Warrior, Invader 1),we'll also have a concert. Castillo comes of the top with a cross body for the pin, but the ref is busy getting Miguelito out of the ring. The other Hangman jumps off the top onto Castillo and they get the pinfall and the titles (Hugo: That's illegal!; El Profe: Illegal my foot! That was beautiful!). Hugo complains that there was cheating involved while Profe celebrates that they are the champs. Huracan and Miguelito proceed to attack the Hangmen after the match, mad about the outcome (El Profe complains that they are sore losers). The ref is tryng to restore order as the Hangmen take control and proceed to hang Miguelito (El Profe: My guys may have gotten slightly out of control there, but I like what they're doing to Miguelito). The ref's had enough and proceeds to reverse the decison and award the match by DQ to the Caribbean Express. Thus, they remain the champs (El Profe: Why is the ref doing this! They attacked first!).

Don't weep for the Hangmen. By the end of the month, they will have won the World tag titles from the Super Medicos (a scant two weeks after they had regained the belts from Valentine and Idol). Meanwhile, the Caribbean Express would lose the Caribbean tag titles before the end of the month to the team of Valentine and Embry (Idol left after the title loss to the Super Medicos).

Texas Hangmen v. Carlos Colon/Invader 1 - 10/17/90

We're in mid October and it's a TV studio match pitting the ultimate face team of Carlos Colon and Invader 1 against the World tag champs the Texas Hangmen. This match is non-title. Your announce team is Hugo Savinovich and Eliud Gonzalez. The commentators talk about how dangerous the Hangmen are and that experience favors the faces. It's the the courage of the faces versus the tag champs that do not hesitate to hurt their opponents. When Carlos yanks the mask at around the 40 second mark, Hugo says that this is a sign that the faces are going to fight fire with fire and are looking to avenge some of the abuses the Hangmen have committed with other members of El Ejercito de la Justicia. The commentators again mention the difficulty in telling which one is Killer and which one is Psycho. If it's difficult for them, imaging how hard it is for the ref and the opponents. The faces have the advantage and we get a commercial break.

We return to the Hangmen taking control. When they use the bullrope to choke Carlos in the corner, Hugo mentions that they are experts at using the rope and they don't care if they get DQ'd for using it. It's not enough to win, they have to finish their opponents. The match continues like this for a while, with the Hangmen working Carlos over and Invader making the save a few times. The ref misses the tag and the Hangmen continue to work over Carlos. Heel miscommunciation leads to the hot tag and Invader comes in on fire. Almost immediately Carlos goes back in and all four are fighting in the ring. Invader surprises a Hangman with a small package and the faces win! Now comes the memorable part.

The Hangmen are pissed about losing and proceed to jump Colon and Invader. Colon (who had been worked over for most of the match) gets hit with the bullrope and tossed over the top and to the floor. The Hangmen then proceed to attack Invader, and with Profe's help, hold him down and wrap the noose around the neck. Carlos tries to get back in but is cut off. The ref's calling for the bell and also tries to go back in but Profe cuts him off (Hugo: Profe's going to be fined for that!). The Hangmen proceed to hang Invader with Profe running interference in the ring.

Invader 4 is quickly out to help his brother, but is cut off by Rick Valentine. Valentine's not even fighting, he is just grabbing the desperate Invader 4 to prevent him from reaching the ring. Miguelito tries to get to the ring, but he's cut off by Eric Embry. Ricky Santana is next to try to save Invader, but he's cut off by Kim Duk. Meanwhile, Profe's holding off the ref from getting into the ring as Hugo starts worrying that Invader's life may be in danger. Giant Warrior tries to help, but he's held off by Skywalker (Tyler Mane). Invader 4 is desperately trying to get in the ring but he's still being held back (this time by Embry). The ref El Vkingo tries to get in the ring with an umbrella, but Profe cuts him off and takes it from him. Profe proceeds to whack Invader 4 a couple of times with the umbrella to ward him off. Carlos also gets whacked with the umbrella.

Hugo's still going on about the direness of the situation when Sasha!?! runs out and jumps into the ring to help. The Hangmen push her down and Embry seizes his chance to get at her (again, their's history there. The short version is they were together, Embry was abusive, Sasha ditched him and went face, Embry was run out of town by the faces, Embry surprisingly returned in Sept. to reclaim his property, Sasha slapped him in response and Embry proceeded to get physical before the Super Medicos made the save). Embry drags her by the hair and proceeds to slap her. Now Hugo's horrified at what's going on in the ring and outside of the ring. Embry sees TNT walking towards him and motions to him to come and join the fun. TNT walks up to him and decks Embry. The crowd goes bananas! El Profe goes out to confront TNT and also gets decked. TNT gets inside the ring and promptly breaks up the hanging. The heels bail as the faces storm the ring. The faces are checking on Invader while TNT stands off by himself watching. The fans are going crazy and chanting TNT's name. Giant Warrior asks Sasha if she's okay. Hugo says that if TNT hadn't helped, he doesn't believe the faces would have been able to reach Invader 1. TNT leaves as the faces keep checking on Invader. Hugo says the situation is crititcal, an ambulance has been called. The paramedics arrive and Invader 4 fans air to his brother as the paramedics check him.We leave with Invader 1 being put in protective gear and on the stretcher.

Texas Hangmen v. Giant Warrior/Miguel Perez Jr. - 1990

This is a TV studio match that takes place soon after the Invader hanging incident. Hugo and Eliud are your commentators. Hugo mentions that he heard from an anonymous source that apparently the Hangmen are brothers (I don't remember them harping much on this, it was likely dropped quickly). Eliud says he's inclined to believe it, they look very similar and it's tough to tell them apart (Eliud: El Profe claims that one has blue eyes but who's going to notice during the match). Hugo starts hyping that we might have an upset in the making. Hugo again mentions that's it's really hard to tell them apart but they are absolutely vicious. The Hangmen cheat with the rope and El Profe starts ringing the bell claiming that he was the one who moved it. Hugo is getting annoyed with the cheating Hangmen. It breaks down to a pier six brawl and El Profe distracts Miguelito. The Hangmen use the opening to grab the bullrope, nail Miguelito and get the pin.

Post-match, El Profe chucks Miguelito over the top rope as the Hangmen attack Giant Warrior and start hanging him like they did to Invader. Carlos Colon rushes the ring with a piece of wood and clears the heels from the ring. Giant Warrior is down but not seriously hurt. The referee reverses the decision due to the post match attack an awards the win to the faces (Hugo: Justice is being done! If these Hangmen insist on causing harm, they have to be punished, they have to be fined, they cannot be allowed to continue to hurt wrestlers!).

Carlos is looking to teach the Hangmen a lesson. But he needs a tag partner. Who will it be?

Texas Hangmen, Carlos Colón, TNT & Invader #1 Interviews (1990)

Carlos has his tag partner and it's TNT! This was a stunning turn of events, TNT had been feuding with Carlos for the entire summer over the Universal title. Here are the interviews that set up the tag match. I normally don't transcribe when someone is translating what was said in English, but the Hangmen's comments start halfway and El Profe adds some additional comments.

El Profe (at 0:20): Carlos Colon, when you look at this noose what you feel is panic, you feel fear. We can see the fear in your eyes Carlos Colon and TNT, because you're trembling right now. And tonight, when you step into the war zone against the Texas Hangmen, Carlos Colon. there will be no mercy for you. Take good notice of that hospital Invader's in, because that is exactly where you two are going. Or maybe it will be someplace worse.

Psycho? talks and then El Profe speaks.

El Profe (at 1:08): Carlos Colon and TNT, I repeat again, we can see the fear in your eyes. And tonight, Carlos Colon and TNT, we're going to make history. What we did to Invader, we merely did it for the pleasure, but tonight we have a motive for doing it. Because the two of you are trash! A traitor and a coward who picks up a traitor! So tonight, we'll make history when we finish with all of the legends of Puerto Rico wrestling! Then we'll be the only kings, sovereigns over the entire sport of wrestling! Today's the day TNT and Carlos Colon!

Hugo (at 1:44): Friends of WAPA television, with us is the Pareja Increible, "El Acrobata de Puerto Rico" Carlitos Colon. and "El Karateca Ninja" TNT. Tonight, in the Loubriel Stadium, they clash with the Texas Hangmen. Before talking about this match, there have been some fans, and I don't want to be a gossip but they have asked, Carlitos and TNT, how is it possible that, with all of the wars you two have had, with all the blood that has been spilled, that you two can form a team in professional wrestling.

Carlos (at 2.15): Well Hugo, all of Puerto Rico knows what happened between TNT and me. It's something that can't be denied. I've forgiven him, I believe the people of Puerto Rico have also, but forgetting about what happened, one never forgets completely what happened. If he's remorseful, he's going to have time to prove it and time will be the witness. The reasons for teaming up with him are two. One, he didn't have to do what he did. When he came out to help Invader, like I said last week, if it had not been for TNT, it's possible Invader would not be with us today. And I admire him for that. Second, TNT is a great wrestler, he's someone with guts, he's a tiger in the ring. That's exactly what I need to get the Hangmen out of Puerto Rico. That's my goal, to get these scoundrels out of Puerto Rico. They are criminals and they do not belong in wrestling, let alone in Puerto Rico. And that is why I chose TNT as my partner for this match.

Hugo (at 3:14): Well, at this moment we have TNT face to face with Carlos. Let it be his words that mark this moment.

TNT (at 3:20 in a subdued and emotional tone): You know Hugo, Carlos and all of the fans, at this moment, for the first time in this world of wrestling, I've shed tears. (Takes a deep breath). I feel very regretful about everything that has happened. Because I was blinded in my quest for the Universal title. And that Wednesday, when they were hurting Invader #1, and they were also attacking a Puerto Rican woman, something that should never happen, my heart, the only thing it told me was to help my brothers.To help the members of El Ejercito de la Justicia, because they are all my brothers. They have never stopped being my brothers. And Carlos, this I say to you right from the heart, because if I could open my chest at this moment, take my heart out and speak to you with it in my hands Carlos, I would do it. Because I am very regretful about what happened a few months ago. And Carlos, I would like to take the opportunity right now to extend my hand out to you and shake it in honor Carlos, because I am very sorry. What I did will not happen again, because we have to finish the Texas Hangmen and all of these abusers that come to Puerto Rico. And this I tell you Carlos right from the heart, from a brother Carlos, because that's what I feel.

Hugo (at 5:20): Tonight at the Loubriel in Bayamon, the Pareja Increible clashes with the Texas Hangmen. Let's relive that moment when TNT schocked the wrestling world and came to the Invader's aid.

The video then cuts to the end of the program, where Hugo is hyping the tv shows and the night's card. He then introduces a special interview with Invader 1.

Hugo (at 6:13): How are you feeling Jose?

Invader: Well Hugo, I'm getting much better. I feel better because I'm at home, you know it's not the same thing to be in one's home than in a hospital. I was 11 days in the hospital, and the doctor who released me told me those words I haven't forgotten, that I take care of myself and not stop following the program. And that's what I'm doing in this bed, trying everything possible to see if I can get better as fast as I can.

Hugo: Jose, are you still feeling pain at this time or is your situation more stable now?

Invader: Well the pain is minimal, you know, the pills the doctor gave me help, whenever the pain flares up I take a pill and I'm controlling it with the pills.

Hugo: Well, we would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their calls, all those wonderful letters that we have received, and the great people at Doctor's Hospital, all of the staff, doctors, nurses, they were really great throughout this whole ordeal with us and especially with Invader. Jose, sorry to talk about this, the fans already know about this, but tonight we have Carlos and TNT taking on the Texas Hangmen. Could we have a comment about this?

Invader: Well Savinovich, what I have to say about this is, I ask the people of Puerto Rico to give their support to Carlos Colon and TNT tonight. Because they are going to need it since they are facing these two bandits, because that's the word for them. And I ask of Carlos Colon and TNT to be very careful of the Texas Hangmen, that what happened to me does not happen to them, that they do not suffer all that I have suffered.

Texas Hangmen v. Carlos Colon/TNT - 1990

Here's the first tag match. Unfortunately it's incomplete, but I'm guessing the finish was inconclusive. Still, it's worth watching what's there for the crowd alone.

Texas Hangmen vs. TNT & Carlos Colón (1990)

Here we have some action from one of the follow-up matches. Hugo apologizes for the video quality but the action needs to be shown.TNT gets whacked with the bell but eventually tags Carlos in. Carlos also gets decked with the bell. TNT gets back in and the match breaks down and ends in a double countout. This sets up a cage match.

El Profe (3:22): Tomorrow in San German, in a cage just like this one, the Texas Hangmen will take on Carlos Colon and TNT.

The Hangmen speak and El Profe translates.

Hugo (at 4:33): With us is "El Karateca Ninja" TNT and "El Acrobata de Puero Rico" Carlitos Colon, the Pareja Increible. Tomorrow in San German, in a cage, danger looms. The Texans have said they're going to destroy your face tomorrow.

Carlos: Well Hugo, that does not worry us in the least. What I do have to tell you is that, last week they hit us with the rope and they hit us with the bell, but it was not enough to finish us. Because we then grabbed them, battled them all around the court, but those dogs hid in the locker room. But this week, tomorrow, that is not going to happen tomorrow because we'll be in a cage. And we want to dare them to bring the bullrope, the bell, the belts, the cowbell, the rope, whatever they want. Because TNT, tomorrow night we got to bathe these dogs in blood. Because we have promised the fans that we will get these guys out of Puerto Rico, and we will do that tomorrow in San German.

Hugo: TNT?

TNT (at 5:20): Carlos, and as the message that they left with Hugo says that they're going to destroy our faces against the steel mesh, that's not that easy to do Texas Hangmen. You're going to have to fight nice and pretty with Carlos Colon and myself. Because we have promised the people of Puerto Rico and especially Invader 1 that we will avenge ourselves against these dogs, and if possible we're going to take their masks and we're going to run them out of Puerto Rico. And Texas Hangmen, you have never been in a cage, so when these two Puerto Ricans step into that cage we are going to fight. So Texas Hangmen, bring the best you have, because tomorrow night in San German we are going to give you a good fight.

Hugo: Wow! The Pareja Increible is ready for tomorrow night! Do not miss it, in a cage!

And then they run down the card:

Cage Match: Carlos Colon & TNT vs. The Texas Hangmen

Australian Tag Rules: Super Medicos 1 & 3 and Sasha vs. Eric Embry, Rick Valentine and Monster Ripper

Rematch for the Junior Heavyweight Title: Billy Joe Travis © vs. Huracan Castillo Jr.

Miguelito Perez vs. Kim Duk

Invader 4 vs. El Profe

Nick Ayala vs. The Nightmare

and other great bouts.

Texas Hangman v. Carlos Colon/TNT - Cage Match 1990

I'm guessing this match must be around Thanksgiving. Both teams brawl for the first few minutes before it settles into a more normal tag match. Watch the match, it's good. The faces may have won the match, but the Hangmen leave them a bloody mess and the war continues. Interesting to see the faces that make the save at the end, you have the Super Medico and newcomers Jeff Jarrett and El Bronco.

This is pretty much it for Carlos Colon being a factor in this feud. He would transition to a feud with Greg Valentine over the Universal title. TNT, however, would continue to battle with the Texas Hangmen for a while longer. And his partner would be the man who had been put on the shelf nearly two months ago by the Hangmen, the returning Invader 1.

TNT/Invader 1 v. Texas Hangmen - 12/15/1990

This is it, after two months of being put out of action by the Texas Hangmen, Invader 1 returns for vengeance. He is teaming up with the man who saved him during the hanging, TNT. The crowd is absolutely rabid when the faces are announced and Invader wastes no time in going after the Hangmen. I'm amazed at how hot the crowd is throughout the entire match. Seriously, the crowd alone is worth watching this match.

Recap of Invader's Return and Interviews for Christmas Day Rematch

Here we have the weekend after Invader's return, where Hugo recaps the end of the match. They then talk about the rematch set for Christmas Day.

Hugo (at 0:15): People, the moment has arrived where we will show you what occured during Invader 1's return to wrestling at the Juan Ramon Loubriel in Bayamon, teaming up with TNT against the Texas Hangmen. Go ahead Mr. Director.

Tape rolls of the end while Hugo narrates.

Hugo: Vengeance match as Invader returns to wrestling, with TNT fighting the Texas Hangmen. They have bloodied the Hangmen, their masks are somewhat torn. It has been fury from the Invader and TNT. And here it is! Look out, the Invader's preparing the heart punch! The referee tries to stop him, but there it is, El Vikingo just received the devastating heart punch! (Me: El Vikingo's selling of the heart punch is a sight to behold.) The Hangman takes advantage of the situation, he's grabbed the same rope they used to send him to the hospital. El Vikingo's on the floor! He's running the ropes to deliver the blow, but TNT tripped him. Invader's trying to take the rope away and he's got it! Wow, he's got the rope. But El Profe's sending the other Hangman in and he's surprised Invader. He's got the rope back. TNT's fighting with the other Hangman outside of the ring and El Profe's yelling for them to hang Invader! TNT's tied up with the other Hangman and here it comes! He's doing it by himself. El Profe comes in to help, but Invader does a tremendous counter and now he's got the rope. The tecnicos are carrying El Vikingo off. Invader's setting up El Profe and, yes, he's hanging El Profe. This crowd is blowing the roof off. But here come the Hangmen to save El Profe. They keep attacking the Invader.

El Ptrofe (at 2:45): The day is almost here and what a sad Christmas it will be for Invader 1 and TNT.

The Hangmen speak and El Profe translates. The faces then say their piece.

Hugo (at 4:38): The Puerto Ricans have that bullrope and that bell. Invader 1 and TNT in a rematch this Tuesday in the Loubriel in Bayamon. What's going to happen Invader 1?

Invader: You know Savinovich, the Hangmen are worried about this bullrope because they know that this bullrope is very dangerous. With this bullrope is how they sent me to the hospital. And they know that with this bullrope we could do anything. But TNT and I only have one thing in mind, on December 25th, on a very special day like this, I would like to invite all of the people of Puerto Rico to be there that day. Because when that bell rings, TNT and I will have only one thing in our heads, and that is to try everything possible to hang one of them. It doesn't matter which of the two it is, and if it's possible El Profe too. Because he's laughed enough about this when I was in the hospital. Profe, let me tell you something, when the bell rings that day, you tell your Texas Hangmen that they better buckle their pants up tight, because we only have one thing in mind, and that is vengeance. And it doesn't matter what we have to do Savinovich, but we're going to do it.

Hugo: Wow! TNT?

TNT (at 5:50): You know Invader, as Carlos Colon and I did once already, we threw the rulebook in the garbage. And that's the same thing you and I have to do this Tuesday at the Loubriel in Bayamon, throw the rulebook in the trash. So Texas Hangmen, this next Tuesday, as Invader said, buckle up those pants real tight. Because with this bell and this rope, we are going to hang and we are going to do the impossible to run you out of Puerto Rico Texas Hangmen...

Invader: That's exactly right TNT! That's what we are going to do!

TNT: So come Texas Hangmen because we're going to fight!

Hugo: Friends, the Puerto Ricans are ready! This Tuesday at the Loubriel. We continue with more of the best wrestling in the world.

Giant Warrior vs. Atkie Mulumba (end of vid features card rundown of TNT/Invader vs. Texas Hangmen rematch)

You can watch the match between Giant Warrior and Atkie Mulumba (Kimala 2) if you'd like, but after the match is a recap of the upcoming Christmas Day card. The recap begins at 4:45. Hugo wishes everyone a safe Christmas and then runs down part of the card:

For the held up Universal Title: Carlos Colon vs. Greg Valentine

Invader 1 & TNT vs. The Texas Hangmen

The midgets will be in action.

Caribbean Tag Title Match with the ring surrounded by fire: Eric Embry & Rick Valentine © vs. Super Medicos 1 & 3