Pro Wrestling Only

Mark Henry

jpchicago23

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry was great. Just great. BUT... Lesnar.

I seriously think though, you could totally build to such a great Lesnar/Henry match.

I'd be all for that but who do you turn face? Unless you have Mcmahon or Triple H hire Henry to beat Lesnars ass. I'd love to see two monster atheltic freaks like that at Mania but sadly we'll probably get Lesnar v HHH especially since Trips will want to be in front of that MSG crowd to have another "moment"

I need to go back and watch the 2008 and 2006 runs before I would feel comfortable making a list. 2011 the Bryan Cage Match, the Orton Cell match, the title win over Orton, the barricade match with Sheamus, and the Show broken ring match all stand out off the top of my head. Last year he had the awesome tv match with Punk. But my memory is lots of good tv stuff from 06 and 08 too.

I watched a street fight he had from 03 with Booker T this morning. It's really short, but Henry is pretty awesome in the match working strongman prop destruction spots and putting over Booker's offense before beating him decisively.

This is not a debating thread about Mark Henry, this is a bukkake.

It seems to me that as it regards modern Mark Henry there isn't much of a debate at least on this board

I'm not sure there's a debate anymore about modern Mark Henry on the entire Internet.

Can we get some top 10 mark matches lists going?

Off the top right now I have no idea how I'd make one -- seems like he's had lots of awesome matches but not many that stand ahead of the pack especially.

I'm going to have to have a think about this, not to mention revisit almost everything before 2011 since my memory is so hazy. But I think Rey on SD 20/1/06, the Orton HIAC, Big Show at Vengeance and Punk on Raw 2/4/12 are definites and his best matches.

On first watch I actually preferred the other matches he had with Bryan to the cage match - the first one on Smackdown 4/11/11, and the Lumberjack match they had last January as part of Bryan's heel turn.

The Cage Match had great psychology and an awesome finish.

Oh no doubt, I didn't mean that to say I didn't like the cage match, it was great.

I remember just enjoying the 4th November match that little bit more. The whole bit with Show at ringside, half cheering him on, half wondering what he had got him into, as well as the escalation that led to Bryan making that comeback and hitting the head kick and everyone going nuts, I loved it.

The Lumberjack match is far more about Bryan than Henry, since it was part of his heel turn, but it had an awesome vibe with Henry being Henry, Bryan getting the shit beat out of him, but at the same time working the lumberjacks into a frenzy until they exploded into a brawl, allowing him to crawl away with the title again. I loved the hell out of all three matches he had in January, with Show twice and then Henry.

On another note,

Mark Henry vs Rey Mysterio, Smackdown 27/1/06

I have always loved the 20/1 match the best, but Holy Moses this might be just as good. So much great shit in this. Rey tries to get the jump on him before the bell and earns Henry's awesome "You must have a deathwish motherfucker" look. There's a fantastic cat and mouse spot involving Rey going under the ring. Rey is typically great fighting from underneath. Henry sells the 619 unbelievably well. Finish rules. This was awesome TV.

I think I still have the first one ahead of it, if anything just for the out of this world finish, but this is right up there and a definite contender for a Top 10.