Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

Guest Andrews

Listened to a few episodes of Steve Austin's new podcast - I like it. I can see it being great. The standout episode is easily his chat with Shawn Michaels. They reveal some new things for us which is always great to hear, from a colourful era in wrestling.

I can see this getting very good. Steve is probably a phonecall away from having any pro wrestler he fancies on this and some could be mouth watering good: Bret Hart, Jericho, Kurt Angle - you name it. I dare say he could even get current WWE talent on such as HHH if he were to ask. Dare I say Vince? Fucking hell, that one isn't worth thinking about.

Highly reccomend you check this out.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enjoyed every episode so far and listen to the show to get from work and back. The audio is loud enough that I don't have to fight with traffic in order to hear the show on the iPad. Austin reminds me of my older ex brother in law... probably not someone you wanted your sister to marry but is fun as shit to be around.

Listened to the first episode and the Shawn Michaels interview the other day. I was completely floored. Austin is great. This totally blew me away.

Austin rants and raves a lot, but he's very likable. Perhaps he's likable to me because I enjoyed him as a wrestler, I don't know. Either way, I went into this expecting to hear a goofy southern guy doing a fake tough act. That's pretty much what it is, minus the fake part.

I was skeptical but listened to the first 2 episodes at the gym and on the commute this morning, and I'll be damned but his charisma carries over to a podcast as they just breeze by. Really great listens and never get boring, even when he's shilling his various projects as its just hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

The Nash shows were awesome. The Terry Funk one not so much.

I only listened to the first half hour of Terry's show but he really kept going off on tangents and didn't answer any of Austin's questions. Then Austin would keep trying to ask questions but Funk just kept talking. I stopped the interview after the first 30 minutes. If anyone listened to the full show maybe they can comment if the interview got better.

Looking forward to Austin's podcasts with JR and Bret.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to listening to people like Maron, Jay Mohr and a few others, but I can't really get into Austin as a host. Can't explain why.

I listen to a lot of other pods, and don't seen anything wrong with him as a host. I like more when he just rifts with a unknown friend though.

• 2 weeks later...