Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that one of the reasons Austin's so good is that nearly all wrestlers know they can't bullshit him, and they respect him. And when a guy says something that's kinda bullshit, like Flair saying that hardcore wrestling didn't exist before Funk piledrived him on the table and no one had ever done that before, Austin is great at just moving along the convo rather than get flustered or argue with him.

Still no comments on Jerry's wingman there? Or are we just that desensitized to it?

A chick who appears to be hot despite only being able to see half her head? :lol:

There's nothing to be "desensitized" about. If she was in pigtails and holding up a lunchbox, then that's a different story. This chick appears to be an adult. Good on The King if he's still pulling hot tail. B)

Van Halen is my favorite band of all-time. I think Roth is hands-down the greatest front-man of all-time. The idea that Roth loves pro wrestling is surreal, but makes so much sense at the same time. 80s Metal and pro wrestling are like apple pie and ice cream to me they just go together. I think wrestling is getting back to where it should be and there is hope, but sadly it does not seem like Metal will ever get its act together. I cant wait to listen to this podcast.

It was a fun interview. I loved the talk about payoffs.

I think the Dolph thing is easily the most interesting, but the bs on the timing on when Lawler became an announcer is pretty fascinating. If he replaced anyone, it was Hennig. Hell his first year of Supertars was a three man team WITH Savage. While he worked some cards, he wasn't really a focused wrestler til he'd been in the company for almost six years with KOTR 93.

Another excellent interview and podcast from Austin.

Lawler even took the "We used to wrestle every night and twice on Saturdays and Sundays" shoot interview fib to a new level by claiming he used to wrestle 10 times per week! Who's going to be the first wrestler to up that number to 15?

As far as Lawler goes, is it really that difficult to imagine him actually wrestling around 10 times per week? The guy was a staple within the Memphis territory and such. I wouldn't be shocked to know that this was reality.