Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestler/Actor

• 3 months later...

Because probably no one else will. I'm going to throw a nomination in for Pat Roach.

He's not a name that gets any real recognition from wrestling fans. But to the general public in the UK, he was a recognisable name for along time.

He was a major part of one of the most popular British TV series of the last 30 years, Auf Wiedersehen Pet. And was in the first 3 Indiana ones movies. He's the dude who fight's with Ford around the plane propeller's in Raider's and on the conveyor belt in TOD. They shot a third fight sequence for Last Crusade, but it was cut.

This is his IMDB page. It's interesting you brought someone from England up, I think someone in the cast of Alien 3 was a wrestler. I seem to recall hearing David Fincher telling a story about him on the commentary track for one of his films (Zodiac I think).

For the record, I think if he showed the same kind of passion towards acting as he did his native profession, Roddy Piper could have been (and who knows, still might get the chance) to give a genuinely great performance or two.

This is his IMDB page. It's interesting you brought someone from England up, I think someone in the cast of Alien 3 was a wrestler. I seem to recall hearing David Fincher telling a story about him on the commentary track for one of his films (Zodiac I think).

For the record, I think if he showed the same kind of passion towards acting as he did his native profession, Roddy Piper could have been (and who knows, still might get the chance) to give a genuinely great performance or two.

Brian Glover,who was the warden in Alien 3, used to be a wrestler.

Who know's with Piper. He had the lead in a film (They Live) that became a genuine cult classic. Made by one of the great cult film-makers,which has a base/following totally removed from wrestling. Which is more than most wrestlers have done.

At worst his performance should have guaranteed him some parts in other Carpenter flicks.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Haven't watched it in ages but Cavernario Galindo was great at La Ultima Lucha.

Mexican wrestling films are always corny but this one may be the exception. Movie is on youtube. Anyone with basic Spanish will enjoy it. Actually, the plot is easy to follow and you can know what's going on even if you don't speak the language.

Haven't watched it in ages but Cavernario Galindo was great at La Ultima Lucha.

Mexican wrestling films are always corny but this one may be the exception. Movie is on youtube. Anyone with basic Spanish will enjoy it. Actually, the plot is easy to follow and you can know what's going on even if you don't speak the language.

Since you're in the thread I might as well ask: How the hell did Fantasma end up as the lead in Intrepidos Punks?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I figured I'd put this here.

Tonight was opening night at "The Music Man". I'm playing Charlie Cowell, Anvil salesman.

charlie2_zpsjyd16bs0.jpg

And for my bio in the program I went with :

"John Hedgepeth (Charlie Cowell) originally of New Jersey, is appearing in his fourth show at Jesters. He has previously played loudmouths in Fiddler On The Roof, The Producers, and Guys and Dolls. He's looking forward to continuing the tradition with The Music Man. He would like to thank Louis Albano, Fred Blassie, Ernie Roth, Randy Poffo, and Virgil Runnels for their inspiration."