Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1997-06-07-ECW-Wrestlepalooza] Dudley Boys vs The Eliminators

Saturn tore his ACL a few days before. I think surgery was planned so they probably didn’t think he was going to cause anymore damage as is. Saturn had to point out to Kronus that he had D-Von in the wrong position on the mat in the set up to the elbow.

Cant believe Saturn did this with a legit injury and if he is legit hurt, why have the eliminators win?

SWERVE, baby. I guess we needed something to end the show with. The Eliminators win in a big upset thanks to Saturn doing an incredibly stupid elbow off the top turnbuckle even though his leg is in a giant splint. I would be shocked--too bad Styles FUCKING TELEGRAPHED THE FUCKING FINISH AGAIN once he declared that Kronus had nothing left and that the Dudleys were going to win the belts a second time. The result was plain as day after that, just a matter of how they were going to get there. You know another thing that was so great about the prior segment? Joey shut the fuck up for most of it.

They changed it up due to a tragedy. Saturn's estranged 12-year-old son had been killed in a car crash the prior week. With that and the horrible knee injury, Saturn had a trying couple of weeks.
The elbow was legit insane, though.