Pro Wrestling Only

Would Steve Austin be looked at like HHH with longer time?

Smack2k

I can only think of two things that I firmly hold against HHH. The first being the Eddie match on Raw, when he was drafted to Smackdown that one day. There was no good reason for him to not put over the WWE Champion, the superkick from Michaels that layed him out was the perfect set up to let Eddie do the frog splash and pin him, and it's not like he'd have been hurt at all from doing the job.

The other being that after Eugene got over, he basically inserted himself into the angle and squashed him at Summerslam, which more or less kick started Eugene's demise.

I wouldn't mind him if he'd stop booking himself to be The Best Long Match Wrestler in WWE©, because he's fucking terrible at it and at this point might be my least favourite long match wrestler in the history of wrestling. He's become a black hole that sucks the heat out of Wrestlemania and Summerslam annually.

His promos are bad but it's pretty hard for that to stand out in the scripted era, really.

People would have got sick of Austin eventually, it has happened to everyone, but I doubt very much it would be to the same degree. Since honestly I'm not sure there's a single thing Triple H is better at than Steve Austin.

Guest Staples

I wouldn't mind him if he'd stop booking himself to be The Best Long Match Wrestler in WWE©, because he's fucking terrible at it and at this point might be my least favourite long match wrestler in the history of wrestling. He's become a black hole that sucks the heat out of Wrestlemania and Summerslam annually.

His promos are bad but it's pretty hard for that to stand out in the scripted era, really.

People would have got sick of Austin eventually, it has happened to everyone, but I doubt very much it would be to the same degree. Since honestly I'm not sure there's a single thing Triple H is better at than Steve Austin.

I would say having a full head of hair, but even that's out the window.

I remember HHH/Punk being a good hate-filled brawl before the overbooking kicked in. I have no real desire to revisit it to see if it holds up, though.

Add the walkout to the list of HHH booking sins. They made the entire roster except for the tippy-top babyfaces look like whining pussies to get HHH over as a babyface authority figure.

If Steve Austin would have lasted longer in the WWF/E Main Event scene (he did 98-99 then Late 2000 - early 2002) do you think he'd get the Backlash HHH gets for not putting people over or not being helpful to other wrestlers, holding people back, or not? Austin left WWE supposedly cause he didn't want to put Brock over, on TV, but I don't know if a PPV idea was ever tossed. He wouldn't work with Jarrett and didn't want to face HHH at Summerlsam '99 one on one…I don't know about others…but you see the idea…HHH being there in Main Event from 99-10 outside a couple injury years gave him a MUCH bigger time to be hated…

The problem is that people hated Trip for his bullshit in 2000. It's not like Trip Hate suddenly popped up in 2006 when a whole bunch of hardcores thought, "Hey... that fucker had been on top for a while now... and he's fucking the owner's daughter to boot! That motherfucker!". Instead, hardcores determined that Trip was a motherfucker in real time as it happened. ;)

John