Pro Wrestling Only

Red Flags in Wrestling

MikeCampbell

Two out of three falls match is probably gonna have three full falls.

I can think of one time I've seen one end 2-0 off the top of my head.

Please do share.

Bob Backlund and Pedro Morales defeated The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika) in a two out of three falls match, 2-0 at Showdown at Shea on August 9th 1980.

Horsemen-Blonds in 1993 and Benoit-Angle at Insurrextion 2001 come to mind as well.

Didn't MVP vs Benoit finish 2-0 as well?

Please do share.

Bob Backlund and Pedro Morales defeated The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika) in a two out of three falls match, 2-0 at Showdown at Shea on August 9th 1980.

Horsemen-Blonds in 1993 and Benoit-Angle at Insurrextion 2001 come to mind as well.

Yep. Also Beth vs Candice in 2007.

That's odd because clearly Candice was supposed to continue feuding with Beth for a few more months (look how long Beth just squashed Maria and Kelly Kelly for months until the Mickie James storyline) and beating someone 2-0 clean pretty much ends that feud dead.

Why I am putting more thought than the writers did then is beyond me.

If a babyface is scheduled to compete in a tag match of some sorts later in the evening but is laid out backstage away from cameras and then emerges mid-match, chances are it is a ruse and he is turning on his partners. That's a big red flag and you are probably better off not tagging him in just to be on the safe side. There are a lot of examples but Flair at Havoc '95, Hennig in War Games '97, ect.

Please do share.

Yep. Also Beth vs Candice in 2007.

Austin vs. Dustin Rhodes at Starrcade or Havoc '93 - one of them...

That's odd because clearly Candice was supposed to continue feuding with Beth for a few more months (look how long Beth just squashed Maria and Kelly Kelly for months until the Mickie James storyline) and beating someone 2-0 clean pretty much ends that feud dead.

Why I am putting more thought than the writers did then is beyond me.

I don't think it is all that odd that WWE would have no plans for the Women's Champion for any length of time, really.

2/3 Falls was mid October, and the first Mickie match was in December, so we're talking maybe a month or six weeks without a feud. Between that, Cyber Sunday had some Divas Halloween Costume Contest Swimsuit Battle Royal thing (Victoria as the sumo), and then Survivor Series was an elimination match which I THINK Mickie may have won to earn a title shot. There's no real obvious gap in the schedule where it seems Beth and Candice should have had another match.

Beth and Candice began all the way back at Summerslam when Beth won a battle royal, and 2/3 Falls was their third title match, so they'd already been going for months. 2/3 Falls was supposed to be the end I am pretty sure. They were building Beth up as pretty dominant, so two straight falls makes sense on that level as well.

A babyface will seemingly have won some sort of grueling match, like a gauntlet match or an Elimination Chamber. But, then there's one last entrant who wasn't advertized for the match.

A babyface will win a battle royal, but a heel that wasn't technically eliminated, but forgotten about runs back in and eliminates him.