Pro Wrestling Only

Kurt Angle

goodhelmet

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was the youngest on the board at 23. I also look younger than I am. I was in America last year for a semester, and when I was buying beer, this woman looked very suspiciously at my Indian driving license and my birth date, as if she did not believe a single word of it.

• 3 months later...

TNA runs several hours a week on the Fight Network in Canada. I haven't seen Angle regularly since TNA left Spike. When I saw Angle in some of those "best of" programs I couldn't believe how bad he was. He looks like his body can withstand any bumping and one of his primary strengths - athleticism- is completely gone. He still wrestled the same way he did during his best years and any cosmetic or gimmicky credibility he had is completely gone. With his withered body he should just switch to becoming a Flair-like wily veteran. He probably shouldn't be wrestling at all at this point.

• 1 year later...

Angle is underrated at this point. His work in TNA from his start up to where I'm at in early 2008 has only been a plus in my book. Is Angle the best comedic main-eventer ever ? I mean, no one has been pushed as the top guy while being portrayed as a goofball like he did. And in the ring, yeah, he was a go-go guy, but his matches with Joe are terrific and his feud with Christian clearly delivered too. He's on the upswing with me. He's also straight from the Ric Flair (go-go-go) school of work, down to his submission hold that everyone knows how to counter (which used to annoy me, but I take it as an Angle trope at this point, much like I ended up accepting the stupid as fuck 619).