Pro Wrestling Only

The Ross Report

jpchicago23

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how does Ross balance bashing the "dirt sheets" on his show with never having problem with doing a show with Bryan or Dave when he has something to shill?

The more you hear him outside the context of calling a wrestling show, the more you realize he's the guy who changes course based on who he's talking to.

To be fair, he doesn't bash "the dirt sheets", he bashes "the Internet", ala people on Twitter, message boards, etc. For instance, his goofing on fans with no patience for long term booking who go on and on about how something sucks before it plays out.

So I just finished the Cornette show. It was pretty good, not as full of "here's why everything stinks" as I thought it'd be. Cornette annoyed me by saying that he didn't watch any of the TV leading up to Bryan winning at Mania, didn't watch Mania, but had to give his opinion on it all based on what he read online. Broke my heart that one of my favorite guys is now a "I don't watch it, now here's why it sucks" zero.

In the upcoming weeks guests who will be appearing on the Ross Report include: ESPN's Michelle Beadle, Lance Storm, MVP, Sting, Eric Bischoff and Ted DiBiase, Tony Schiavone and Cowboy Bill Watts, among others including Stan Hansen

Ross's podcast could be so good if he'd just STFU and let his guests answer the few questions he actually asks them. I had given up on Ross's pod, but needed something to listen to while raking the yard this weekend so I downloaded the DDP episode. I don't know why DDP just didn't hang up the phone. It felt like a "conversation" I would've had with my angry great uncle when I was 13. Yeah, my uncle would let me talk every now and then, but most of the "conversation" was littered with him lecturing me about his random opinions and not giving much of a damn what I had to say.

• 2 weeks later...

HBK was at gorilla position for that match. Austin mentioned on his last Torch appearance with Keller that he was in the truck with Kevin Dunn. Just interesting to consider the different viewpoints & perspectives from guys like that - actually live at the show and in attendance, making it a point to stick around and witness that match.

• 1 month later...

Halfway through Ross Report with DiBiase. This one had sooooooo much potential, but these two old sticks in the mud are putting me to sleep. Never mind rambling about it not being as good as the good old days - just tell the stories from the good old days.

How hard is that!

Ted's very dull, no question. But isn't it up to the interviewer to direct the conversation?

All Ross has to do is bring up the classic Mid-South angles/matches that we all want to hear about. And by all I mean anyone that wants to listen to JR interview Ted DiBiase.

Not listened yet but sounds disappointing. Ted CAN do a good shoot, he's definitely got one or two he's done that have been interesting, but he can also be one of the worst for completely phoning it in and retelling the same stuff we've heard a million times before.

Seriously, if Jim Ross who must know so much about his career and the companies he worked for can't get a good interview out of him, then he must truly suck.

I haven't listened to this podcast at all yet, and I've been thinking that surely Ross can't be as reviews have suggested, but this has perhaps underlined it.

I will still listen eventually, but it's low priority.

Not listened yet but sounds disappointing. Ted CAN do a good shoot, he's definitely got one or two he's done that have been interesting, but he can also be one of the worst for completely phoning it in and retelling the same stuff we've heard a million times before.

Seriously, if Jim Ross who must know so much about his career and the companies he worked for can't get a good interview out of him, then he must truly suck.

I haven't listened to this podcast at all yet, and I've been thinking that surely Ross can't be as reviews have suggested, but this has perhaps underlined it.

I will still listen eventually, but it's low priority.

Jerry:

Ross is as bad as the reviews suggest, maybe worse. Each podcast he basically interviews himself and has a guest on to provide an additional voice between his unintelligent ramblings.

The interview was so-so in general, heard most of that stuff before. But the one highlight was Ross running down all the different promoter's he'd worked for. That was really interesting and I kind wish he'd structured the whole interview around it.

Ross spends far far too much time focusing on what "the youth of today" should be doing, basically every minute he spends on that is a minute wasted.

The reason Austin is so good as an interviewer is because he gets guys to open up and tell stories they'd never have told in a regular shoot. For the most part, Ross failed to do that here because he seemed more interested in driving home some agenda about why it's important for heels to get heat. Yet, he's sitting there with one of the GOAT heels and somehow didn't manage to get any insight at all from him on what it is to be a great heel.

Christ, 15 minutes in and he's still reviewing the current product and talking about how heels need to be prepared to get this heat. Fast forwarding this crap, it's just boring. Almost 20 minutes now, where's Ted? He's actually talking about TNA now, arghh!!

I've been skipping the first 20 minutes on any Ross Report I've listened to. He's a spectacularly delusional, out of touch, bitter man.