Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

It's so odd that Springer has such little charisma here, considering his show is basically pro wrestling with non athletic people. I used to watch his show late at night during summer breaks from school and he was usually entertaining.

Hell, weren't most of those guys pro wrestlers anyways?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so odd that Springer has such little charisma here, considering his show is basically pro wrestling with non athletic people. I used to watch his show late at night during summer breaks from school and he was usually entertaining.

Hell, weren't most of those guys pro wrestlers anyways?

Wasn't Jamie Dundee part of the cast at some point ?

Is this the old Dusty DVD documentary they are airing?

The first half of the special was almost all documentary stuff which really bothered me because it seemed so lazy. the second half of the special from the Ric Flair interview on was great though as we saw the interviews from NXT and WWE stars

The Dusty special was fucking great. I'm still crying.

And of course they used the stuff from the old doc. It's been less than a week, kinda tough to arrange, film, and produce an entirely new show. And since they wanted to have a lot of Dusty himself talking about his career the old doc is where you go outside of a fucking seance.😀

I think calling it "lazy" when they had four days to get it done after hearing the news of their colleague dying late into a week with a PPV plus Tough Enough work to worry about on top of the usual multiple hours of live TV is more bothersome.

The first half of the special was almost all documentary stuff which really bothered me because it seemed so lazy. the second half of the special from the Ric Flair interview on was great though as we saw the interviews from NXT and WWE stars

What a ridiculous criticism. "Too lazy"?! Dusty died less than a week ago. They didn't exactly have a lot of time to put something together, and what we got was top notch from a production quality standpoint.

I will agree that I didn't particularly love seeing so much recycled footage either, but I understand it considering the circumstances. The new footage was all tremendous.

One question about the Stephanie/Dusty in-ring promo: At the time, I heard murmurs that Stephanie (or was it Vince?) was unhappy with it because Dusty ad-libbed. Was that internet bullshit? On this special, Steph seemingly confirmed the ad-libbing but then went out of her way to say she loved it when Dusty walked away from her, forced her to grab his mic, smirked at her when she did, and what an honor it was to have such a moment with a legend, etc.

I'm watching the Unfiltered with Renee Young show and she's talking to Darren Young who's talking about coming out. Great stuff, and the CM Punk story is great. Basically, right after he came out he was backstage at catering in front of everyone,Punk came up to him, told him to stand up, Punk hugged him and told him he was proud of him for being so brave, and told him that if anyone gives him any shit , he'll take care of it. Thats cool as fuck.

What a ridiculous criticism. "Too lazy"?! Dusty died less than a week ago. They didn't exactly have a lot of time to put something together, and what we got was top notch from a production quality standpoint.

I will agree that I didn't particularly love seeing so much recycled footage either, but I understand it considering the circumstances. The new footage was all tremendous.

One question about the Stephanie/Dusty in-ring promo: At the time, I heard murmurs that Stephanie (or was it Vince?) was unhappy with it because Dusty ad-libbed. Was that internet bullshit? On this special, Steph seemingly confirmed the ad-libbing but then went out of her way to say she loved it when Dusty walked away from her, forced her to grab his mic, smirked at her when she did, and what an honor it was to have such a moment with a legend, etc.

From what Dave has reported on the issue, she was pissed that he went out and pie-faced her on what turned out to be his last appearance in front of the live crowd so he wasn't allowed to be on TV anymore unless it was a pre taped deal. It was great how he told the story, implying that the current roster is afraid of upsetting her and here comes Dusty giving zero fucks.

There's plenty of really good matches on Prime Time if you dig through. Generally speaking, you just want to focus on the obvious names. One that sticks out specifically is Savage/Adonis v. Sammartino/Santana in a cage in the summer of '86, which has crazy heat. But I mean, if you see Bret Hart and Ricky Steamboat... go for it. Skip the 15 minute Pedro Morales matches.

The FF button is your friend with PTW, and it has pretty comprehensive listings available too. If something seems like crap, it probably is, and you don't have to slog through to guarantee it.

With that being said, and mindful of the "name vs. name" principle outlined above, in the latest batch there's a decent Tito/Jake match and a very good Valentine/Slater match.

• 2 weeks later...

I want a network special PPV, my dream would be "Night of the Legends". Basically you get a load of the old guys (internal legends and guys not contracted to WWE) who can still go to some degree and match them against NXT guys and guys on the main roster who aren't doing anything.

Hell, you could have a reality series building up to it, looking at how they are training for the match, etc.

Card Example

Harlem Heat vs. The New Day (Kofi and Big E)

Trish Stratus vs. Sasha Banks

Rick Steiner or Scott Steiner vs. Jack Swagger

Tito Santana vs. Sami Zayn

• 3 weeks later...

Since we're into that "Divas Revolution" stuff, I tried to watch the MNW episode of "Divas Gone Wild". Three minutes in, we're basically told that Vince McMahon invented the valets with Miss Elisabeth. Okay. I can't fathom how anyone can handle all that revisionnist history in WWE programs. (EDIT : man, that TV show is completely ridiculous)