Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NHL also made a deal recently for MLBAM to handle their out of market games, I think there's a question there to be asked how to they allocate bandwidth, do the companies they do business with buy it like a giant sized version of a smart phone data plan or are there hard ceilings?

So I excitedly fire up Nitro #69, from 1/6/97. First match is Glacier squashing poor Bobby Eaton, in which Glacier blew the finish by pinning Eaton too close to the ropes. Then a "Mexican strap match" between Konnan and Big Bubba. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

So I excitedly fire up Nitro #69, from 1/6/97. First match is Glacier squashing poor Bobby Eaton, in which Glacier blew the finish by pinning Eaton too close to the ropes. Then a "Mexican strap match" between Konnan and Big Bubba. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

I had forgotten how Konnan used to call people "homosexual man" in Spanish during his entrance (except that he wasn't saying those exact same words but I'm sure you can guess the equivalent in English).

I had forgotten how Konnan used to call people "homosexual man" in Spanish during his entrance (except that he wasn't saying those exact same words but I'm sure you can guess the equivalent in English).

Not speaking spanish at all, that totally went over my head. However, I did learn what "tossing your salad" meant while listening to Konnan, and for that, I'm forever grateful.

Not speaking spanish at all, that totally went over my head. However, I did learn what "tossing your salad" meant while listening to Konnan, and for that, I'm forever grateful.

And peeling my potatoes...

Funny how Konnan used to be able to get away with using prison/street/hip hop slang because nobody running the show was young or hip enough to know what was going on. I'm not even sure they had anybody aware of what was hip and cool other than Hall, Nash, Konnan, Rey, Jericho and a couple others.

On the Spanish slang, to be fair to WCW, WWE is not censoring it either. I saw somebody (perhaps Alberto) using Spanish swear words fairly recently (2012 or after) that he would probably be fired over if they were in English on live TV.

Funny how Konnan used to be able to get away with using prison/street/hip hop slang because nobody running the show was young or hip enough to know what was going on. I'm not even sure they had anybody aware of what was hip and cool other than Hall, Nash, Konnan, Rey, Jericho and a couple others.

On the Spanish slang, to be fair to WCW, WWE is not censoring it either. I saw somebody (perhaps Alberto) using Spanish swear words fairly recently (2012 or after) that he would probably be fired over if they were in English on live TV.

This makes me think of Dave Chappelle having a big laugh about white people finding out what "skeet skeet" meant after allowing it to play all over the radio.

Oh, and for something wrestling related, when Khali had Runjin Singh as a translator apparently Khali was saying really nasty stuff in Punjab. I remember someone saying one of his promos on Cena was talking about raping Cena's mother and shit like that.

I seem to recall Alberto going on a Bret Hart like tirade I believe in the match where Sin Cara quit because he dislocated his finger.

I wonder if they didn't get way more Arrow fans taking advantage of the free month than expected. I mean I don't even remember hearing about this stuff for WrestleMania which you would think is what gets the most live views of anything all year.