Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I thoroughly enjoyed the JBL interview with Bischoff last night as you got to hear a perspective that isn't the WWE narrative

It was somewhat surreal - not because of the stories that we have already heard 100 times - but because it was a WWE product.

Bischoff is always a good interview, though.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Brock/Taker potentially ending next month, is there any chance Austin's relented and they'll use the podcast to kickstart him vs. Lesnar at Mania?

That would be huge & have me pretty hype, I won't lie.

Which makes me sound like such a huge hypocrite as I've been complaining all day today about WWE's reliance on old stars & being grumpy about Kane, Big Show, Jericho & The Dudleys.

I thoroughly enjoyed the JBL interview with Bischoff last night as you got to hear a perspective that isn't the WWE narrative

It was somewhat surreal - not because of the stories that we have already heard 100 times - but because it was a WWE product.

Eric's been pretty vocal about WWE's version of history being bullshit so I'm kind of surprised they picked him.

The Legends with JBL show was really good. It felt like I was watching something that wasn't supposed to come out from WWE cause it wasn't over produced or edited to hell for certain stuff. I'm interested in Part 2 and his convos with other guys. I know Ron Simmons is in one so maybe he get candid about the issues he had when he left WCW and other stuff.

I enjoyed JBL, businessman, praising Bischoff for taking a money losing company and turning it around. Despite what happened eventually, Bischoff did accomplish that. I also really enjoyed JBL's interviewing style. He was prepared, engaging, calm, and knows how to move things along while allowing the guy he's interviewing to be the focus.

If there's a complaint, it's that I could have lived without the constant "whoosh" effect every time they cut to and from a clip.

I agree; at first I thought they were clipping the interview.

It was a fun show and nice to finally hear someone on WWE programming say that Ted Turner never really thought much about Vince McMahon. I wonder if they'll continue to "Turner had a vendetta because Vince wouldn't sell to him in 1988" line they had been running with.

I really liked JBL as an interviewer. I'm looking forward to more of these shows. According to Wade Vince doesn't want to be part of the show anymore but it would be interesting to see a JBL-Vince interview at some point.

It's weird. Even though I think that he's full of it on a lot of stuff that he says, I still like listening to him, whereas with other people (Russo) I just can't bear it.

It's weird. Even though I think that he's full of it on a lot of stuff that he says, I still like listening to him, whereas with other people (Russo) I just can't bear it.

I went to one of the Bischoff/Bruce Pritchard debate/dual interview things, and I came away from it thinking that he's aged the best of him, Heyman, Cornette, and Russo, in the sense that while he is a carny, and kinda full of shit, he seems the most well-adjusted and easy to listen to. He's presumably got fuck you money, so he kinda does stuff like this, and says what he feels like saying, and just does his own thing. He's mad smarmy, but I still have to respect the game.

I went to one of the Bischoff/Bruce Pritchard debate/dual interview things, and I came away from it thinking that he's aged the best of him, Heyman, Cornette, and Russo, in the sense that while he is a carny, and kinda full of shit, he seems the most well-adjusted and easy to listen to. He's presumably got fuck you money, so he kinda does stuff like this, and says what he feels like saying, and just does his own thing. He's mad smarmy, but I still have to respect the game.

That's the thing about Eric, you immediately want to discount everything he says because he sounds like such a smarmy douche saying it.

Didn't think the Table 3 with the ladies was that bad but wasn't that good either. It was just there.

Now I left the Network on after that and now the live stream is showing with the Monday Night War docs with new Bischoff footage and he goes on the record saying that he didn't raid ECW of Eddie, Dean (and Benoit) and said that indeed Masa Saito made the deal with them and WCW. Interesting stuff cause I remember this tidbit from Between The Sheets.

That's the thing about Eric, you immediately want to discount everything he says because he sounds like such a smarmy douche saying it.

One of the reasons why I find Eric easy to listen is that he owns up to a lot of the stupid crap that he did over the years. He's got his version of the story for some things but Heyman, Russo, Cornette, Nash, Sullivan, all seem to have excuses or somebody else to blame for everything that ever went wrong. He doesn't come off as a mark for himself or for the BIZ or as a bitter has been.

He also speaks like a normal person, which helps. I like listening to Heyman and Cornette but, really, for how long can you put up with their cartoon character personas and way of talking?

Also, what's up with WWE lately? Bischoff is back telling his version of stuff (when only a few months ago Madusa had people angry at her for thanking Eric in her HOF speech?), the admission that Turner didn't really care about wrestling, Madusa can say the real version of what happened with the belt and I haven't seen that Nitro Top 10 moments list but no WWF takeover as BEST MOMENT EVER or even appearing in the top 10. Is Vince not supervising every detail anymore? Is he senile and doesn't give a fuck anymore?

Madusa can say the real version of what happened with the belt

Well, she still kinda repeated the "I started the Monday Night Wars" line that was thrown for the HOF…

Anyway, I thought the Table for 3 was decent, I would totally have a beer with Madusa (who's cool as shit and has so many stories about Japan to tell) & Mona (who's adorable and has a great laugh). Ivory… well. Can be funny or annoying depending on whether she can stop talking for a minute or two.

Yeah, I didn't see the show until now but wrote the post based on me reading that she told "the real story". It's Luger or Madusa or Hall starting the war depending on the narrative being told at the moment.

Molly looked great, Madusa is super cool and Ivory is kind of insane, show was a good watch but at times the ladies came across as trying too hard to praise each other, though I have no doubt that the respect and admiration was genuine.

I don't know, there's a little too much love for Eric Bischoff going on right now. We're not that far removed from his disastrous TNA run where he contributed nothing creatively, cost the company a bunch of money by convincing Dixie to take Impact on the road even though they couldn't even draw for PPVs, sent a drugged up Jeff Hardy to the ring to have a shoot match with Sting, was behind Magnus taking that brutal chair shot to the head, and was disliked by everyone who worked with him backstage.

Can anyone sum up what is on the network in terms of what the majority of versions of shows are on there - original live PPV vs. commercial tape/DVD releases?

I went back to the early pages of the thread and read some bits about Steamboat's and Hogan's music. I was curious about stuff like backstage bits and Superstar Line footage being on there or not.