Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occasionally I have issues where I press play and the loading goes on and on and on and the video never appears.

Occasionally I get the buffering start/stop crap.

Rebooting the app seems to help. I've even rebooted my Roku itself (basically unplugged it, waited a minute or two, and plugged it back in).

I'm not knowledgable about how these things work, but in my mind, I feel like it helps to "break the connection" with the WWE Network and then establish a brand new connection if that makes any sense.

Ton of issues lately in Firefox. None of which occur in Chrome.

It takes about three times as long to load intially. It stutters. Then when you try to full-screen the video, it just puts it in a box on the top left instead of going full-screen. Even after deleting cookies/cache, it still does it.

I can watch it as normal in Chrome though, so it's a problem with Firefox, which I find odd.

To be fair in my case a lot of the WWE Network Firefox issues also tend to happen with NWA Classics, though not NJPW World. I use a different lightweight browser with no plugins or add ons installed just to watch those services and both usually work great.

That being said, get NWA Classics, it's worth every penny.

The NXT Takeover Brooklyn special was an incredible production. If it doesn't leave you a little dusty and loving the world then you'll never love wrestling.

The network is really on a roll. Between this, televised house shows, the JBL interviews, table for 3, etc. it feels like they're finding the right mix of BTS docs and features that are truly can't miss. The PPVs and archives make it a no brainer from a budget perspective, but these specials put it over the top.

NXT 24 was their best documentary on an event since they did the Mania of Wrestlemania about Wrestlemania 19. They spotlighted all four main eventers that night and everyone came off looking like stars but personable at the same.

I agree with WingedEagle, this is best output of programming since they've launched the Network. They can get rid of the Jerry Springer stuff and the adult cartoons.

NXT 24 was their best documentary on an event since they did the Mania of Wrestlemania about Wrestlemania 19. They spotlighted all four main eventers that night and everyone came off looking like stars but personable at the same.

I agree with WingedEagle, this is best output of programming since they've launched the Network. They can get rid of the Jerry Springer stuff and the adult cartoons.

OK, now I'm picturing a secret section of the Network featuring X-rated fare like "Big Show Meats the Divas" or something

OK, now I'm picturing a secret section of the Network featuring X-rated fare like "Big Show Meats the Divas" or something

To quote my man, Giddyup.

I just got an email to pick up my WWE Network gift cards at Walmart.

Me too. Unless I'm missing something, sounds like three free months?

I think it's that you can buy three months at Walmart, and not have to enter a credit card. Key if you want the network but don't have one.

I know they don't want to upload more classic footage since they say no one watches it. I feel like basing content decisions on what's already being viewed is faulty logic that almost ensures a permanent status quo, but if it is what it is, they should offer a deluxe package that has regular uploads of classic stuff. I'd pay up to $20 a month for it depending on how aggressive they were about adding more content.

I know they don't want to upload more classic footage since they say no one watches it. I feel like basing content decisions on what's already being viewed is faulty logic that almost ensures a permanent status quo, but if it is what it is, they should offer a deluxe package that has regular uploads of classic stuff. I'd pay up to $20 a month for it depending on how aggressive they were about adding more content.

Everyone complains about Vince hating pro wrestling, but if the numbers prove that the current audience doesn't really give a shit outside of the 90's and big points int he 80's...isn't he kind of right? I am not sure if this is all a self-fulling prophecy/re-education of the fans for years that had lead us to this point, but I think its an instresting case in which came first the chicken or the egg or a more apt description which came firs Vince's apathy towards wrestling past or the fans?

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. They stopped adding classic stuff a month or so after launch, so when people stopped watching they can point to it and say that's why they don't add more.

They just added a boatload of ECW Hardcore TV after ignoring it for months, on the heels of finally getting around to adding more Nitros. Hopefully they get enough views to prompt them to add more.