Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck, I remember people bitching left and right about them not using their library enough when 24/7 was around. 😏 And the constant bitching about Legends Roundtable regarding who was on it and what was being said. Some rose colored glasses shit going on here. 😆

That being said, I swear I had read that part of the make up with Bruno included him doing a few of the Roundtables. We're these filmed?

I believe that in the last conference call Vince said something along the lines of having more WWE Network content to appeal to older fans. Whatever that means.

He was talking about a new season of Legends House :-)

Recently on the Jericho podcast Bill Apter mentioned that he had recently been at the office "filming a pilot for the network" but he obviously didn't say anything else. It would be cool to see a PWI style show.

I would like to see them do a show, sort of like Table for 3, but instead of the guys shooting the shit while eating, have them watch an old show & commentate on it. I would also like to see more Legends of Wrestling Roundtable discussions.

Scott Hall used to do YouTube videos along these lines. I think Larry Z. was even in one of them with him, and they were watching an old tag match with Hall and Hennig. I don't know if they're still up, but if they are, they're definitely worth watching.

So I got one of those "We want your opinion" emails from WWE Network, and they were asking if I've heard of Connor's Cure. Then they proceed to ask if I donated and if not why. The capper was if I felt Stephanie and Triple H made good spokesmen for the charity, and at that point this was me walking away from my computer:

giphy.gif

New Table For 3 with Sting, Vader, and DDP is fucking great. Don't miss it.

Definitely enjoyed it but failed to meet admittedly incredibly high expectations. Also some very noticeable editing and jump cuts here.

Probably 40 or 50 extra minutes of DDP talking. The odd cuts happen on pretty much every episode of this show, though. Sometimes there's an interesting discussion and it... just... gets cut.

But same here, enjoyed it but it wasn't what it could have been. Vader was completely silent during the Nitro discussion (obviously) so it was a weird dynamic. I loved Sting's White Castle talk though.

This show is hands down the best thing on the network.

A bunch of Raws and Smackdown from 2002 and 2003 uploaded.

John Cena with "Red Dog" Rodney Mack as a second. Wow, I barely remember any of this stuff.

Hell I found some house show results of a card I attended in 2003. I didn't remember John Cena being in the opener and Brock freaking Lesnar (with the Undertaker) in the main against the FBI.

I watched the Lita-Trish episode of Rivalries. Yes, I consciously picked that over the Steamboat-Flair episode. Why? Because we've been inundated with Steamboat-Flair for 20 years, and as great as it was and still is, there's little new to be learned from it at this point IMO. Lita-Trish is fresher and less traveled ground. (With that said, I'll eventually watch Steamboat-Flair, of course.)

Not a bad episode, but I do think they may have exaggerated the impact Lita and Trish had. Well, okay, they both had an impact, but WWE didn't follow up on it whatsoever. If they had, no one would be going nuts about the "Diva Revolution" or Bayley-Banks main eventing a PPV in 2015. After Trish and Lita left, women in wrestling were still in the same meaningless marginalized position. If anything, their spots may have regressed.

I may be reading into nothing because they kept harping on what "besties" both women were and are, but Lita seemed almost resentful at times of Trish's bigger push and picture perfect retirement. Lita's own final match - where she was treated like crap - was completely skipped over, for obvious reasons.

A fun little hour, but perhaps more notable for what wasn't said and shown.

I never got the love for Lita as a worker. What did she ever do apart from blowing spots (among other things) ?

I never got the love for Lita OR Trish.

Ivory, Molly Holly & even Jazz were better than both.

I've went off on this tangent before but Trish & Lita being great is the same revisionist history that tries to say Triple H was one of the top guys when Rock & Austin were on top. Trish was crawling on all fours in a thong barking like a dog & Lita had her thong hanging out half the time & did a "live sex celebration" but WWE doesn't want us to remember THAT. They want us to remember when they main evented an episode of RAW, when Lita damn near broke her neck.

I liked both better in managerial roles, Lita at the very least from what I've seen with Edge. She really wasn't much of a worker, she was all about spots and not doing them very well.

Trish was better, but again, she could have been a much better valet/manager who could bump instead of a "good for WWE 2000 standart" in-ring worker. Hey, I remember her actually acknowledging *me* when she was working on the LAW in 98 or so, saying she loved me for talking shit about one of the two guys who hosted the show (I was listening on Realplayer and sending them mails back then, oh, the memories). Yeah, that's my Trish Stratus story.

New Table For 3 with Sting, Vader, and DDP is fucking great. Don't miss it.

Definitely enjoyed it but failed to meet admittedly incredibly high expectations. Also some very noticeable editing and jump cuts here.

DDP Yoga plugs probably.

Does anybody know the date of the Nitro with the DDP / Sting awkwardness which was referenced?

To the bigger point, Victoria, Jazz and Molly might have been better in ring talent than Trish (I think Jazz is horribly overrated and barely understand selling at all) but they certainly weren't better performers. Victoria was absolutely terrible as a face and couldn't get fans to care about her in the slightest. Jazz likewise, plus Jazz couldn't cut a promo well at all, had to be given a mouthpiece. Molly's a better case, she certainly started out good overall, but slid into playing a character that would not be able to work face. And like it or not, the perception was she let her appearance go in a promotion that is also about look.

Trish in 2004 was the most over heel on the roster. Fans genuinely wanted to see her lights punched out week in and week out and her work was just astounding at playing her character (HHH wishes he could get that sort of reaction at the time). Her promos were great as well, some of the best heel work on the mic that year by far (into 2005 as well). Her in ring work was usually not quite as good as Molly or Victoria but at least with her feud with Lita, fans really cared instead of the dead silence you would get in a Molly vs. Victoria match.

Plus Trish looked liked an improved version of the Pamela Anderson type that dominated looks in the mid 90's. She certainly COULD have coasted on her looks like Sable, Stacy and Torrie and still had quite a career but she had enough respect for wrestling and herself to work her hardest to become, by the standards of her time and promotion (which are the only reasonable standard to apply, not everything is All Japan) a very good talent overall. The fact that not ONE female has been able to step up as a face (plenty have as heels though) and supplant her a decade later should tell you all you need to know.

I think there is a resentment there in Lita's case, though it's not really justified. Like it or not her cheating on Matt doomed her to a legit heel status and the slut chants. Matt was seen as "one of us who did well" by the average WWE fan at the time and she did her career serious damage. I also think that's another point in Trish's favor, unlike most divas at the time (Stacy Torrie, Lita) or since (though the NXT women seem to be avoiding this pitfall) she never got romantically involved with a wrestler (at least not publicly) but instead stayed with her high school sweetheart and married him right after retiring. Those things also earn points in making your own career.

I may be reading into nothing because they kept harping on what "besties" both women were and are, but Lita seemed almost resentful at times of Trish's bigger push and picture perfect retirement. Lita's own final match - where she was treated like crap - was completely skipped over, for obvious reasons.

It is possible to have a great relationship with a co-worker, but be resentful about how they get treated preferably compared to you, despite same work level, etc.

As long as you percieve that your co-worker has little to nothing to do with the way the company treats them.