Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, people like to talk about who the worst commentator of all time is. I know. And if any of you are watching 1982 World Class, you know as well.

Jay Saldi is clearly the worst of all time. Hes a big dumb Pro Football player who cant talk, and hes ALSO an Apter mag fan. Hes like if Matt Striker ate paint chips as a toddler and also suffered brief crib death while getting hit in the head with a waffle iron.

He's Brick Tamlin from "Anchorman" as a wrestling announcer.

I always thought that was Scott Hudson. He's not the worst ever, but he always sounds like he's faking intensity to hide the fact that he's clueless about how to get anything over.

The early Thunder episodes would actually have angle advancement, but man did that show fall off a cliff fast.

Much like Sunday Night Heat did. Great when it started up till Mania 15 then just no angles happened on the show.

I think Heat had some KOTR qualifying matches in 1999 and 2000, but yeah, the show basically became filler. OTOH, I was a big fan of the "b-team" shows like Jakked and Worldwide, so I still watched Heat pretty loyally.

Every now and then Heat would still have a decent match or two in 2000/2001, especially during the Invasion period, when with the acquisition of the WCW guys there was a lot of talented workers where this was the only spot they could get on TV. As far as I recall it was the only time they faced off in WWE, but in the summer of 2001 RVD and Jerry Lynn had a pretty fun bout on Heat. The Triple H vs Hardcore Holly match from sometime in 2000 was decent too.

Every now and then Heat would still have a decent match or two in 2000/2001, especially during the Invasion period, when with the acquisition of the WCW guys there was a lot of talented workers where this was the only spot they could get on TV. As far as I recall it was the only time they faced off in WWE, but in the summer of 2001 RVD and Jerry Lynn had a pretty fun bout on Heat. The Triple H vs Hardcore Holly match from sometime in 2000 was decent too.

I remember Van Dam wrestling Perfect on Heat.

Id just want Heat as a way to start putting up all the pre WMXXX PPV pre-show (and Coliseum Exclusives) material. Like Free For Alls, YouTube/.com stuff, etc.

For me I want the attitude extra stuff for Heat as alot did go down after broadcast as Ive seen it in highlight packages so they filmed it.

My fondest Thunder memory is a random match between Bret Hart Vs. Disco Inferno. I just remember when Bret slapped on the Sharpshooter it looked like he was killing Disco with it. Like the one he put on Jerry Lawler back in the day. I've wanted to see that match again since it first happened, so I could be able to get my chance now as soon as I find it. :)

Also, there was a Thunder in my city where I was in one of the first few rows. So curious to see if I can find myself on camera. I remember Goldberg was there. And Scott Norton wrestled Chris Benoit.

My fondest Thunder memory is a random match between Bret Hart Vs. Disco Inferno. I just remember when Bret slapped on the Sharpshooter it looked like he was killing Disco with it. Like the one he put on Jerry Lawler back in the day. I've wanted to see that match again since it first happened, so I could be able to get my chance now as soon as I find it. :)

Also, there was a Thunder in my city where I was in one of the first few rows. So curious to see if I can find myself on camera. I remember Goldberg was there. And Scott Norton wrestled Chris Benoit.

Looking at results so not sure the episode numbers are exactly the same on the Network, episode 52 has Bret and Disco among a very underwhelming lineup of matches.

Norton and Benoit had singles matches on episodes 11 and 14, depends if you are Fargo or Terre Haute. Goldberg wrestled on both episodes also.

Looking at results so not sure the episode numbers are exactly the same on the Network, episode 52 has Bret and Disco among a very underwhelming lineup of matches.

Norton and Benoit had singles matches on episodes 11 and 14, depends if you are Fargo or Terre Haute. Goldberg wrestled on both episodes also.

Hey, thank you for this!

What I like about Thunder is what I like about a lot of WCW - never knowing who's coming through the curtain next. Even in the first episode, I wasn't expecting Tenzan to pop up in the 3rd bout. I like that sense of mystery and the random matches that can occur - like I dont think Disco Inferno vs the Disciple will be a good match, but I'm certainly curious to watch it.