Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Apparently the main feedback they have gotten since the show debuted is complaints about the technical issues and presentation, so they are planning on addressing it over the next couple of weeks. I am guessing there will be new cameras at the very least showing up soon. We'll see.

I hope so, but it blows me away how hands-off WWE has been. Yes, that's a good thing in a lot of ways, but the severe shortage of video content struck me as so lazy and non-caring on WWE's end. A lot of things that cried out for video didn't get it.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Don’t miss a special celebration of the incredible life and career of “The Living Legend” Bruno Sammartino, this Monday after Raw on WWE Network.

Join WWE Network in honoring one of the most decorated and celebrated WWE Champions of all time in this exclusive special, featuring some of Sammartino’s greatest matches, moments and more".

When you're watching a show on WWE Network, in example the new WCW Saturday Night episodes that they just uploaded, is there a way to make it stay in full screen when it switches to the next show? I would like to watch a couple in a row without having to keep getting up. Desktop P.C.

Whats up with PPV versions on the network?

Rumble 2001 has the WWF name censored and Austins music has been dubbed to his 1998 one yet the Raws are unedited with Disturbed intact.

A lot of the early content on the network (ie: all the PPV shows) were just re uploads of the WWE 24/7 versions which were done when WWF had to be censored. The only thing that was undone from that era was restoring all the Benoit related stuff, other than the large amounts of commentary edited off the 2007 Night of Champions show since it was the announcers repeating that Benoit was not there due to a family emergency (which of course sounds about a billion times worse today without the context that the show was the day before everything was discovered).

Whats up with PPV versions on the network?

Rumble 2001 has the WWF name censored and Austins music has been dubbed to his 1998 one yet the Raws are unedited with Disturbed intact.

A lot of the early content on the network (ie: all the PPV shows) were just re uploads of the WWE 24/7 versions which were done when WWF had to be censored. The only thing that was undone from that era was restoring all the Benoit related stuff, other than the large amounts of commentary edited off the 2007 Night of Champions show since it was the announcers repeating that Benoit was not there due to a family emergency (which of course sounds about a billion times worse today without the context that the show was the day before everything was discovered).

Wouldn't they have been better off just uploading the Coliseum Home Video Versions?

That Bruno doc was fantastic. Lots of great footage, I just wish it was longer, could've listen to another hour of that. What a great man he was, so glad he came back and reconciled with Vince.

Definitely want to see more of the WWWF era being covered. Wonder if we get another Bruno collection as well.

Solid episode of the podcast on WWE Network this week about the Mega Powers exploding. I'm sure it's a repeat of something they did on audio before, but it was new to me.

No breaking news or groundbreaking shockers, but it was a fun listen nonetheless.

The idiotic sleaze thread Steph bullshit rumors are brought up without really being brought up. I was glad to see Bruce firmly deny it. Hopefully that bullshit rumor fucks off and dies now.

The production values, thank heavens, are miles better this week. Some slight hiccups, but not the catastrophe last week's show was. The ugly bright blue border and crooked window boxes are still there though.

I still think WWE is extremely lazy with the video clips. There should be a lot more, especially when Benn Hinn is describing a match or angle in great detail. I'd rather see what he's actually talking about instead of a split-screen with Pavarotti nodding along.

Wouldn't they have been better off just uploading the Coliseum Home Video Versions?

Only if you like shows with massive amounts of edits.

I thought the CHV versions were pretty identical to the Live PPVs. Well I could have sworn Unforgiven 2000 was.

Coliseum died in '97.

Only if you like shows with massive amounts of edits.

I thought the CHV versions were pretty identical to the Live PPVs. Well I could have sworn Unforgiven 2000 was.

Coliseum died in '97.

Are you sure cos I reff remember then releasing Bio vids like Jesse Ventura, Kurt Angle and many others.

No word on a May content drop yet?

PWInsider:

Reports that WWE plans to add 104 episodes of Mid-Atlantic TV in May, which will finish that promotion’s run. They will add another 76 episodes of Mid-South in June and 50 episodes of WCW Saturday Night in July. They also have Sunday Night Heat ready to add whenever they choose, as well as additional WWE Coliseum Home Video titles later this year.

Coliseum died in '97.

Are you sure cos I reff remember then releasing Bio vids like Jesse Ventura, Kurt Angle and many others.

That was WWF Home Video, not Coliseum, which as Migs says died in 1997.

Regardless if Home Video versions exist unedited they should show them.

Coliseum died in '97.

That was WWF Home Video, not Coliseum, which as Migs says died in 1997.

Regardless if Home Video versions exist unedited they should show them.

You should probably write your representative in the House of Lords and ask him to look into that.

No word on a May content drop yet?

PWInsider:

Reports that WWE plans to add 104 episodes of Mid-Atlantic TV in May, which will finish that promotion’s run. They will add another 76 episodes of Mid-South in June and 50 episodes of WCW Saturday Night in July. They also have Sunday Night Heat ready to add whenever they choose, as well as additional WWE Coliseum Home Video titles later this year.

76 additional episodes of Mid South makes me happy. Having a tag team of Heat and Mid-Atlantic this month seems to be the best way to make everyone happy.