Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

PWInsider.com

We have had a number of readers ask about future WWE plans to add additional vintage content to the WWE Network's Vault section.

In speaking to several different sources, we are told that the plans for the next several months are to continue to add additional content to sections that have already been established, not debut any new sections, so if you were looking for Wrestling Challenge or other older WWE series, they will not debut in 2018.

The tentative plans for updates going forward include adding the remainder of Mid-South Wrestling episodes, more WWWF All-Star Wrestling, more WCW Saturday Night episodes and adding up to 75 hours of additional WWF Coliseum Home Videos from the 1980s and 1990s, specificially old VHS titles based around personalities.

We are told that the initial plan for this month was to add 75 more hours of WCW Saturday Night, but with the decision to finally upload Heat after legalities involving the now-dismissed Buff Bagwell and Raven lawsuit were resolved, Heat being added changed the originally planned schedule for classic additions to the Vault. 

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, which was to be uploaded in May was pushed back to this month.  

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two Prichard podcasts on the WWE Network - Big Evil and The Rock - have been very middle-of-the-road and missable even if you haven't listened to the audio equivalents (assuming they exist).

The Rock episode had some really weird editing - twice, Conrad brought up a topic they had discussed only a few minutes before, and Prichard would answer the question again. I can only assume these were "redo" scenes that somehow didn't get caught. Also, Conrad was weirdly critical of the legendary IC Title bridge angle. I can understand being a "rasslin' traditionalist" and hating that Rock was just given the title, but it was a legendary feud and angle, so that supersedes any minor criticisms IMO.

For most of the episode, Conrad literally looked asleep or exasperated. It wasn't until closer to the end that I realized he was obviously hiding a bad cold and hoarse voice.

Sadly, next week is the season finale - but it sounds like they're finally going to air the controversial CM Punk episode (assuming they're not redoing it entirely).

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure Gorilla was in on it, by all accounts Vince's decision was made super last minute and back then Vince still passed messages to the broadcast team at MSG by sending someone over to the table in-between matches.  Wouldn't surprise me if he was in on it, but if he was, Gorilla did a pretty good job of being/acting as confused as everyone else was.  Even the normally talkative Jesse Ventura went silent for and after most of the finish.

10 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

Any chance of them putting up episodes WWE Confidential?

I would definitely watch some of this show again.  There were some pretty good bits in there, there's a real nice video package put out after Bobby Heenan got his cancer diagnosis, and a real nice Freddie Blassie tribute after he passed.

It surprises me, but yeah, I can't think of another scenario regarding the Richter screwjob other than Gorilla *not* knowing, because his entire broadcasting career was based on him being the smartest guy in the room. No way would he *willingly* come across as so clueless and confused.

10 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I would definitely watch some of this show again.  There were some pretty good bits in there, there's a real nice video package put out after Bobby Heenan got his cancer diagnosis, and a real nice Freddie Blassie tribute after he passed.

Some of the segments they did are problematic looking back (like the one where basically everyone buries Austin, calls him a coward and that he took his ball and went home). If they chose to edit those out, I wouldn't complain. 

They did a nice tribute video to Curt Hennig that includes a very young and emotional Brock Lesnar talking about the impact he made on Lesnar's life.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:34 AM, PeteF3 said:

It surprises me, but yeah, I can't think of another scenario regarding the Richter screwjob other than Gorilla *not* knowing, because his entire broadcasting career was based on him being the smartest guy in the room. No way would he *willingly* come across as so clueless and confused.

The story goes that Vince ambushed Wendi as she was going to the ring to sign a new deal or else. Clearly Moolah and the ref were smartened up to know if the play was on or not, I would assume there was only enough time to let them know and the announcers would be an afterthought. You'd have to believe at least Jesse was not clued in since he'd normally be all over a heel winning a title. 

8 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

The new Table For Three with JBL, Bruce Prichard, and Bischoff is a lot of fun. Bischoff was hammered. 

I wondered if anybody else thought that.  He sure looked buzzed, didn't he?  Between how drunk he got during the Bash at the Beach 2000 episode of 83 Weeks, and his performance on this episode of Table for 3, I'm starting to wonder about that guy.  Then again...who am I to judge?

21 hours ago, sek69 said:

The story goes that Vince ambushed Wendi as she was going to the ring to sign a new deal or else. Clearly Moolah and the ref were smartened up to know if the play was on or not, I would assume there was only enough time to let them know and the announcers would be an afterthought. You'd have to believe at least Jesse was not clued in since he'd normally be all over a heel winning a title. 

Yeah's that what makes me think Gorilla and Jesse weren't clued in.  Jesse was flat out silent and confused during most of the post-finish.  I know 1985 Jesse is a lot more subdued than say, 1988 Jesse, but he still would've brought more to the commentary if he had known of the finish they were doing.

14 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

So the whole "Richter didn't know Spider Lady was Moolah" part of this is the bullshit that's been tacked onto the story. 

Yeah, that's some definite bullshit.  Wendi knew it was Moolah.  The planned finish was Spider Lady winning by countout or Wendi by DQ, and then she was going to unmask her post-match and realize it was Moolah and chase her to the back.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Not to mention once you see Spider Lady in her bodysuit there's no one else it could have been. It's right up there with WCW wondering who Doom could be when they only had two black guys on the roster at the time. 

Ranger Ross disagrees with your assertion LOL.  Actually I started watching NWA in summer '89, right around when Flair won the belt and Funk attacked him.  In just those couple months I saw Ron Simmons just a couple times, but it was enough that I recognized him as part of DOOM immediately.  Looking back, Reed wrestled quite a bit in early 89, but must have taken time off just in time for me to miss him completely so at least he surprised me.

11 hours ago, JRH said:

Another Coliseum Video was unexpectedly added to the network today, the UK exclusive Davey Boy Smith video from 1992 (oddly listed as being released in October 1993, which we all know is untrue).

There were four or so others, including THE HULKSTER HULK HOGAN, which is the first wrestling video I can remember getting from the video store.

• 2 weeks later...