Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

That's some good news.  It's always bugged me that you can see the complete run of Hardcore TV and ECW on TNN, plus the PPV's on the Nework, but the only place you can see the Supershows like "The Night The Line Was Crossed" is to get them from RF Video - which I would never do.  If WWE starts adding the classic ECW Supershows I wonder if they'll make RF video stop selling them?

RF supposedly has an ironclad contract from back in the day.

Sweet, they've released the list and The Night The Line Was Crossed and When World's Collide are both on it!

Courtesy WWENetworkNews:

Below is a list of ECW supercards you can expect to arrive on Monday:

02/05/1994 – The Night The Line Was Crossed [Duration: 02:07:29]
Terry Funk defends the ECW Title against Shane Douglas and Sabu in a Three-Way Dance. Plus, Public Enemy, The Sandman, and more in action!

05/14/1994 – When Worlds Collide [Duration: 01:45:13]
Terry Funk and Arn Anderson take on Bobby Eaton and Sabu in the main event. Plus, 911, Public Enemy, Kevin Sullivan and more in action!

06/24/1994 – Hostile City Showdown 1994 [Duration: 01:54:30]
Cactus Jack goes one-on-one with Sabu in the main event. The Tazmaniac battles The Pitbull in a Dog Collar Match. All this and much more!

08/13/1994 – Hardcore Heaven 1994 [Duration: 01:49:13]
Cactus Jack takes on Terry Funk in a legendary main event. Plus, Public Enemy, The Pitbulls, and many more take to the ring for action!

11/05/1994 – November to Remember 1994 [Duration: 02:29:18]
Ron Simmons challenges Shane Douglas for the ECW World Title. Plus, Public Enemey is in action, Dean Malenko faces The Tazmaniac, and more!

04/08/1995 – 3 Way Dance [Duration: 01:46:29]
Public Enemy battles two formidable duos in a Three-Way Dance main event for the ECW World Tag Team Titles.

09/16/1995 – Gangstas Paradise 1995 [Duration: 01:40:03]
Mikey Whipwreck and Public Enemy get locked up inside a true Gangstas Paradise with New Jack, The Sandman, and an unexpected competitor.

12/29/1995 – Holiday Hell 1995 [Duration: 02:34:50]
Cactus Jack takes on Sabu in an Extreme Death Match. With Tommy Dreamer on his heels, Raven challenges The Sandman for the ECW World Title.

01/05/1996 – House Party 1996 [Duration: 02:25:00]
Public Enemy and The Gangstas take their rivalry to the streets. Konnan challenges The Sandman for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship.

02/03/1996 – Big Apple Blizzard Blast 1996 [Duration: 02:27:27]
The Sandman and Too Cold Scorpio battle The Gangstas in the main event. Plus, Cactus Jack, Raven, The Eliminators, and more in action!

04/13/1996 – Massacre on Queens Boulevard 1996 [Duration: 02:17:37]
The main event sees Too Cold Scorpio and The Sandman battle The Gangstas and The Headhunters in a Three-Way Elimination Tag Team Match.

04/20/1996 – Hostile City Showdown 1996 [Duration: 02:17:56]
Shane Douglas challenges Raven for the ECW World Title in the main event. Rob Van Dam faces Sabu. Plus, Brian Lee, Taz, and more in action!

Is Hostile City Showdown 94 the show where Foley faces Sabu for the first time and spits on the WCW Tag Title, or is that a different show?

These shows must have some big edits because I don't remember most of these being in the 2 hour range.  Especially since the Night the Line was Crossed was a 45 minute match if I remember.   Granted I am not sure the Network is ready for some of those god awful opening matches

Yes Hostile city Showdown was the first ECW Sabu vs Cactus Jack.  

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

These shows must have some big edits because I don't remember most of these being in the 2 hour range.  Especially since the Night the Line was Crossed was a 45 minute match if I remember.   Granted I am not sure the Network is ready for some of those god awful opening matches

Contrastingly, I remember a lot of them as being quite short releases. They'd cut out all the dead space between matches, plus ECW Arena had long intervals (arguably needed them given how tighly packed it was sometimes and how slow that made getting round the arena to the merch table, food stand and bathrooms.)

Do you think they'll ever bother to put up the rest of the World Class episodes?

I understand the random episodes missing here and there over the years are probably gone.

But I am meaning the last 35 or so episodes before USWA takes over from 88 and 89 that haven't been posted.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:46 PM, Blehschmidt said:

Do you think they'll ever bother to put up the rest of the World Class episodes?

I understand the random episodes missing here and there over the years are probably gone.

But I am meaning the last 35 or so episodes before USWA takes over from 88 and 89 that haven't been posted.

I think there's some debate on who owns those 88-89 eps since it gets tied in to the whole "who owns the USWA footage" mess.

Also the official relaunch is going to happen this week, they sent out an email saying everyone's going to have to relog in once it switches (since they are changing the entire platform everything runs on). 

So I got the update on my phone and tablet so far, and it's different for sure. Searching seems improved, not sure if the new categories are a mess or my brain is still looking for the older ones, so I suppose I'll give it some time to adjust. 

Well, they've removed episode numbers and the start next episode automatically feature, so binging stuff from 1984 is going to take a lot more remembering dates on my part!

The Hidden Gems section appears to be missing, and I've seen other sections mentioned as missing by people on Twitter but haven't researched them myself.

Otherwise, it looks nice, and on the World Class episodes I've watched on my phone, they now have points in the episode you can jump too, which they didn't have before, at least on the mobile platform.

One other thing I've noticed that will only effect mobile users is that you can't just leave it sitting paused anymore. Before I could walk away for however long and come back and it would still be paused, now my phone will go to a black screen, and when I press to turn the screen back on, the Network has to load and then my show starts playing automatically.

22 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

Did my watchlist and "continue watching" folders completely disappear?  I haven't had any time to look through the new interface but immediately noticed those were gone.

Here's what I think might've happened: When you go back into the app (I've got mine on my Roku), it will look like you are "in," but when you actually go to select a show, it will ask you to sign in. After signing in, your Watchlist and Continue Watching lists should appear on the Home screen.

I had heard that every current subscriber had to re-sign in, so I was surprised when I went into the app and I didn't need to. Then, when I tried to watch something, I realized I was locked out. I'm guessing this is because, from what I heard, there is now going to be a free tier so, for those users, they won't even need to sign it at all.

EDIT - I've never used the Watchlist as I couldn't seem to get it to work right, but I was glad my Continue Watching was still there.

8 minutes ago, DMJ said:

Here's what I think might've happened: When you go back into the app (I've got mine on my Roku), it will look like you are "in," but when you actually go to select a show, it will ask you to sign in. After signing in, your Watchlist and Continue Watching lists should appear on the Home screen.

I had heard that every current subscriber had to re-sign in, so I was surprised when I went into the app and I didn't need to. Then, when I tried to watch something, I realized I was locked out. I'm guessing this is because, from what I heard, there is now going to be a free tier so, for those users, they won't even need to sign it at all.

EDIT - I've never used the Watchlist as I couldn't seem to get it to work right, but I was glad my Continue Watching was still there.

I logged in on PS4 but didn't see my wachlist or continue watching this morning.  Hopefully find it later.

I hope it's just things they need to work out because on my PS4 Pro just trying to scroll to find an episode it chugs and chugs and chugs.  Used to scroll way faster than this.  Also I'm hoping they get the Vault/Hidden Gems back up.  And I can't get any video to load on my PC at all?  But at least I can watch stuff on my PS4.  Also the way you fast forward stuff is a lot sketchier/slower than it used to be.

A lot of this is stuff you'd want to test beforehand but who am I to say I guess.

Well shit, I just got home to discover that the app on my television no longer works at all after this update.

Apparently LG TV's have to be 2017 models or newer to support the new version, and I of course got mine in 2016.

So now I have to find a way to watch stuff on the big screen.

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

Well shit, I just got home to discover that the app on my television no longer works at all after this update.

Apparently LG TV's have to be 2017 models or newer to support the new version, and I of course got mine in 2016.

So now I have to find a way to watch stuff on the big screen.

The Firestick App has always been solid for me and they’re a pretty useful device for other services for their price.

• 2 weeks later...

Up to August 1984 in Mid-Atlantic, and they are really pushing the upcoming debuts of Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda in the area as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Funny thing,  two months later they'd be teaming in the WWF. It would be interesting to know what plans they had for them in JCP.