Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[2004-09-17-Dragon Gate-Gate of Sanctuary] Florida Brothers (Michael Iwasa & Daniel Mishima) & Kensuke Sasaki vs Do Fixer (Magnum Tokyo & Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi)

Florida Express (Kensuke Sasaki & Florida Brothers) vs. Do Fixer (Magnum Tokyo, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi) w/Akira Hokuto - 9/17/04

Kensuke Sasaki in American Flag tights being taught how to properly celebrate America style with hip thrusts and booty bumps is something every wrestling fan needs to see. The amazing thing about pro wrestling is how well it transcends cultures and languages. I don't know a lick of Japanese, but I sure appreciate their wrestling. This time I think understanding Japanese would have made this even funnier than it already was. The Florida Brothers are a spoof on Americans. You had Akira Hokuto ashamed of her husband's silly antics with the Florida Brothers. Then she gets challenged by the creepy Stalker Ichikawa and beats him with a Northern Lights Bomb. The match proper gets started and Sasaki is totally game for all the silly antics that ensue. The ref armdraging everybody, armbar chains, and miming imaginary barriers against Magnum Tokyo. The finish is too funny and fits perfectly with the theme of the match. I want to get this on my Top 100, but there maybe so many good outright matches that it will not make it. As comedy match, this is pretty top-notch.

I have no problem with comedy in pro wrestling. In fact, I really like it. I love Midnight Express comedy spots. I love Los Brazos. I think Fuerza Guerrera is hilarious. There are a few moments that work for me (I laughed at the mime spot) but it just doesn't coalesce into a good match.