Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestler's Political Affiliations

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nash formed his own rogue collective bargaining group to ensure that he and his friends got paid what they thought they deserved. It doesn't surprise me that he's a pretty staunch Democrat.

IIRC, Nash also gamed workers comp at a Ford plant before getting into wrestling

Add another name to the list... Corey Maclin ran for Shelby County Clerk as a Democrat and lost.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If Bryan Danielson's politics weren't obvious enough, he was interacting with Naomi Klein on Twitter this week about her new book. He also got a shout out on Chapo Trap House after they interviewed her and they asked him to go on the show. That would be incredible and I hope it's something he's allowed to do. Bryan, go on Chapo!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If Bryan Danielson's politics weren't obvious enough, he was interacting with Naomi Klein on Twitter this week about her new book. He also got a shout out on Chapo Trap House after they interviewed her and they asked him to go on the show. That would be incredible and I hope it's something he's allowed to do. Bryan, go on Chapo!

I say put Bryan on the Patreon ep and Sami Zayn on the free show during WrestleMania week. Then do a live show in NOLA so I can go when I am down there. Chapomania is running wild.

• 4 weeks later...

Flip Gordon went on a mini rant on Twitter about how the government is not to be trusted (all in reply to someone asking if he thought the Earth was flat), which was kind of an odd take from someone who's active in the National Guard.

There seems to be an odd phenomenon on some parts of the American right where 'government' is somehow distinct from its coercive institutions. So people somehow manage to simultaneously argue that 'Big Government' is bad but having a gigantic military budget beyond anyone else in the world is good and necessary.

Flip Gordon went on a mini rant on Twitter about how the government is not to be trusted (all in reply to someone asking if he thought the Earth was flat), which was kind of an odd take from someone who's active in the National Guard.

There seems to be an odd phenomenon on some parts of the American right where 'government' is somehow distinct from its coercive institutions. So people somehow manage to simultaneously argue that 'Big Government' is bad but having a gigantic military budget beyond anyone else in the world is good and necessary.

For sure. Even more troubling has been the emergence over the past 13 months of the part of the nominal “left” (or hashtag resistance, rather) that, aside from offering no opposition to runaway military expansion and imperialism, loves to lick the boots of other sectors of the military/police apparatus like the FBI, the Woke CIA, and the NSA as part of a hope that a retired FBI director is going to save the world and take us back to the magical time before 11/8/16. A time when everything was terrific and that oddly had no bearing on what happened that day.

For sure. Even more troubling has been the emergence over the past 13 months of the part of the nominal “left” (or hashtag resistance, rather) that, aside from offering no opposition to runaway military expansion and imperialism, loves to lick the boots of other sectors of the military/police apparatus like the FBI, the Woke CIA, and the NSA as part of a hope that a retired FBI director is going to save the world and take us back to the magical time before 11/8/16. A time when everything was terrific and that oddly had no bearing on what happened that day.

The Resistance people are the worst. We have similar to that in U.K. with the anti-Brexit people. I voted to stay in the EU but there's a weird cadre of professional political types who base their entire politics around the EU, overturning the referendum and all sorts of nonsense, as if we lived in a perfect country prior to 23rd June 2016. As if the years before didn't lead up to the event itself. It's especially maddening when we finally have a party and leadership capable of transforming the country for real and they keep trying to sabotage it.

I think the Woke CIA thing might just be the most egregious and historically ignorant thing I've ever seen though, to the point that it's genuinely disgusting. But I feel like I'm getting off topic now lol

To be fair, hashtag resistance does make more sense when the person in charge tweets more than a 13 year old girl.

Yeah, it’s more of a criticism of this group of people that are more upset by mean tweets and flaunting of “norms” than things that actually matter or impact lives of people not involved in elite discourse on Twitter. Mostly it’s just the cluelessness and being out of touch. Putting “covfefe” or “very stable genius” in your username isn’t doing politics.

Randy Orton seems to think mass shootings in schools happen because God isn't allowed in. Yeah,

Also it should be interesting if the rumors are true and Kid Rock goes in to the celebrity wing of the WWE HOF this year. They've taken such steps to avoid any mention of politics in the Trump era yet they may be enshrining a guy considering a run for office.

Also it should be interesting if the rumors are true and Kid Rock goes in to the celebrity wing of the WWE HOF this year. They've taken such steps to avoid any mention of politics in the Trump era yet they may be enshrining a guy considering a run for office.

Old news, but he isn't running. He said as much on Howard Stern, that he never even considered it.