Pro Wrestling Only
Charles (Loss)

[2014-04-07-WWE-Raw] A.J. Lee vs Paige

That was the only crowd that would work in front of. Bo and Rose make it to the main roster intact, but it looks like they're taking away everything about Paige that got her over in NXT. Paige Turner didn't look good, but at least the smark crowd knew it was her finish. If she's a plucky underdog face this will fail, and she'll probably be heel using her submission finish by the end of the year.

Booking was awkward, esp. with AJ "beating" 13 women at WM then losing to an "unknown". However, anything to get the belt off AJ at this point is a plus in my book. I was so fucking tired of hearing the "longest reining Divas champion" crap. A belt that's like 5 years old, wow.

I'll reserve some judgment until we see what they have planned for Paige (like the idea her demeanor here was a ruse to lure AJ in, which is what I expected when she started acting like a different person), but this was very much the right place to do this even if the angle was not especially well done.

If the story was supposed to be Paige luring AJ into the match, she shouldn't have completely been blindsided when AJ started the match and attacked her. I thought she came off awful here - both in the ring and on the mic.

True, this was the place to pull the trigger with Paige. Almost thought Awesome Kong/Kharma was gonna come out at first as the color schemes of their TitanTrons are similar.

I thought her reaction after winning was way too sudden after the count. Could have shown some stunned silence for a few secs, make it look less staged.

Funny how this is the most talked about segment of the show. Paige playing the bumbling rookie was surprising and made the segment feel kind of off but it was a good moment in the end. Still not convinced we'll see any positive changes with the divs division to be honest.

AJ can talk. I'll give her that. But Paige coming out like that for her first time, it was kinda odd that she was, well, Santino-ish in challenging for the belt like that. Finish was somewhat botched, too. What is good about this is that with her up, AJ will have someone she can work a longish match with.