Pro Wrestling Only

Most Brutal Instance of "Color"...

Fantastic

...In your opinion as a fan?

These could be incidental and unplanned (hardway) or a planned part of the match (blade job) that has maybe gone too far, or perhaps just right, within the context of the match.

The one that will always stick out for me, and one that made me feel legitimately queasy, was Eddie Guerrero's blading botch (he cut way too fucking deep) following that ridiculous chairshot by JBL at Judgement Day 2004.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the creepiest I've ever seen was Zach Gowen on an episode of SD. Brock Lesnar had a match with him (I think) and completely destroyed him. I just remember this one legged kid laying in a pool of his blood on the floor and thinking it felt disturbingly similar to photos from an actual warzone

Funny. I've watched both the JBL/Eddie and Jay/Joe matches in the last month. And yeah. Both are spectacular. Definitely two strong candidates right there. The canvas is painted crimson on both occasions.

I'd lean more towards the cage encounter though. Eddie's gash practically SPURTS blood at first, but Jay's gets my vote. It's just a tad more sickening. The bloodletting turns on like a faucet and never really lets up. There's splatter. There's clotting. There's dried, caked on plasma stuck to his skin. It's just an incredible visual by the end.

Plus I gotta dish 'em out some bonus points for the crime scene cleanup efforts at the end there. I mean, Eddie's situation LOOKED like it called for medical attention, but it was more about the DQ brutality and the beat-down on Bradshaw. It was like separating a bar fight. None of that with Jay & Joe though. It was like, SHIT. We gotta get this guy to a hospital.

Mad Dog Vachon, on TV, was blading during a brawl with the Crusher when Crusher kicked him in the back of the head, driving the blade deep into an artery. Absolutely brutal and I believe the story that Mad Dog almost died before he got to the hospital.

Roger Kent knew something was waaaaaaaaay wrong when he saw it and was trying to get help for Mad Dog while maintaining some semblance of kayfabe on the commentary. It's a bit disconcerting to hear him realizing Mad Dog could be dying right in front of him without really being able to say it. His calls for help were pretty frantic.

It should be on youtube, check it out. It happened in either 1970 or 1971.

I dont remember if it was a streetfight or a ladder match between ANX and the Briscoes but Jay and Rhett bled like crazy.

This was WrestleMania 27 weekend and is my choice as well. They did a slap exchange with the blood flying that I got a good bit of Rhett's blood spattered on my 7 rows deep.

One that always stands out for me for whatever reason is an Ace Steel blade-job in the undercard of an ROH show. Collyer hits him with a chair and I don't know if Ace cut too deep or he cut in the wrong place but it's pretty sickening. Like the Gowen one, his face is just lying in a pool of blood.

Mad Dog Vachon, on TV, was blading during a brawl with the Crusher when Crusher kicked him in the back of the head, driving the blade deep into an artery. Absolutely brutal and I believe the story that Mad Dog almost died before he got to the hospital.

Roger Kent knew something was waaaaaaaaay wrong when he saw it and was trying to get help for Mad Dog while maintaining some semblance of kayfabe on the commentary. It's a bit disconcerting to hear him realizing Mad Dog could be dying right in front of him without really being able to say it. His calls for help were pretty frantic.

It should be on youtube, check it out. It happened in either 1970 or 1971.

Just watched this on youtube and yeah, it's nasty. Blood everywhere. Kent knew exactly what had happened. Crusher kept attacking Mad Dog even though everyone else seemed to know that he was legit in trouble