Pro Wrestling Only

Most Brutal Instance of "Color"...

Fantastic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd feel completely comfortable including James Storm in the discussion. It's never a slight cut with the Cowboy. Never just a trickle. It's almost a guarantee that the guy winds up bathed from hairline to collarbone in his own blood by the end of the fight. And he's got a knack for USING IT to the utmost, every single time. No blade job feels unnecessary or unwarranted, as Storm plays it up perfectly for the sympathy segment. And - honestly - I think it makes for one of the most underrated, EXCITING fiery babyface comebacks that nobody talks much about.

Oh. And Ric Flair. During his whole American Onita phase with WWE, he bled buckets like a freaking champ. That whole stint is full of prime examples, but I'd particularly point to the summer feud he had with Foley. That whole stretch from Vengeance to SummerSlam got GRUESOME. When Foley sabotaged his own Best Two-of-Three Falls Match... just to rip the flesh from Flair's bones with the barbed wire?! Epic.

Flair flops around the mat like a frog in a blender for awhile, unable to stand on his own two feet... Just slipping and sliding (and SWEARING) like a senile old man that had just pissed himself in the hallway. Only it ain't urine. It's that Ragu-red blood, bro. And it's a'flowing all over the place in that one.

Anytime Vince McMahon bladed always turned out pretty gory.

I forgot all about that time Vince ate the end of that steel folding chair. Wasn't it in a match with the one-legged wunderkind? I wanna say Vengeance '03, but that's right off top.

You know you're old when most of the references thrown here come from the 00's in the indies or WWE when yours remain Muto in 90 and Hokuto in 92. Another one from joshi, Ayako Hamada in ARSION against LCO in 1999 was quite the majestic bladejob.

The main from the one of the first Oz Academy shows (Oz-Shimoda) ended with them both covered head-to-toe (and the canvas polka-dotted) in a match that went under 15 minutes.

I was surprised that nobody had mentioned Muta's fountain either, but I just figured something like, "Well, EVERYONE knows that one..." so nobody felt a need to post it. Same thing to a lesser extent with the Blonde Redhead herself in Hokuto.

You know you're old when most of the references thrown here come from the 00's in the indies or WWE when yours remain Muto in 90 and Hokuto in 92. Another one from joshi, Ayako Hamada in ARSION against LCO in 1999 was quite the majestic bladejob.

The main from the one of the first Oz Academy shows (Oz-Shimoda) ended with them both covered head-to-toe (and the canvas polka-dotted) in a match that went under 15 minutes.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that one. Shame on me, I used to love those two so much. Yeah, this was exactly what Oz vs Shimoda should have been at that point, the two ultra-bitches in a total bloodletting.

I was at a show with Dusty vs Arn in a cage back in 86 where Dusty did the blading his arm deal and it was like a horror movie.

Dusty's got some of the worst forehead scarring, second only to Abdullah and Carlos Colon perhaps?

I'm bewildered as to why WWE hasn't paid for him to have cosmetic surgery to cover that shit up, since they let him in front of a camera regularly.

Dusty's got some of the worst forehead scarring, second only to Abdullah and Carlos Colon perhaps?

Tarzan Goto's says hello. I wouldnt want to see Kintaro Kanemura's either.

Ahh yes, forgot about Tarzan.

Man, those FMW matches were great! I can't believe how over Onita was sometimes.

Honestly the creepiest I've ever seen was Zach Gowen on an episode of SD. Brock Lesnar had a match with him (I think) and completely destroyed him. I just remember this one legged kid laying in a pool of his blood on the floor and thinking it felt disturbingly similar to photos from an actual warzone

This one for me, too. I've seen some pretty awful blade jobs but I could reasonably believe the bleeder was in control of his own actions. For Zach Gowen I was pretty sure he was at the mercy of Brock Lesnar and most of the bumps he was taking did not look protected.

I thought the blood was excessive and either Gowen didn't know what he was doing or cut too deep to try to get himself over. I read an interview where Gowen said he loved the angle and wasn't hurt but I'm not sure if that's true or he's just trying to stay in WWE's good graces.

What was going on in that Invaderer 3 match ? Was it planned for him to throw up all of that blood because it was completely unnecessary. The only time I think an over the top blade job is ok is if the match is stopped for blood loss. The Eddy one is the worst one I remember but I have prabably seen worse.