Pro Wrestling Only

WWF Magazine Memories

Strummer

I always loved how professional their photography looked. As a kid I remember drawing from those pictures over and over again, covering my folders and notebooks.

Does anyone remember the tribute issues they did for Owen, Andre and Pillman? I could never find those and always wanted them. Distribution around me consisted of just the main magazine and all the Apter mags. Raw magazine and WCW Magazine availability was spotty however I did subscribe to Raw. We never got any of the "Spotlight" issues or any of their side projects.

I remember finding a Superstars of Wrestling magazine when I was on vacation. It was a two page spread on each guy with a bio, pics and stats. That thing blew my mind when I was seven.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always loved how professional their photography looked. As a kid I remember drawing from those pictures over and over again, covering my folders and notebooks.

Does anyone remember the tribute issues they did for Owen, Andre and Pillman? I could never find those and always wanted them. Distribution around me consisted of just the main magazine and all the Apter mags. Raw magazine and WCW Magazine availability was spotty however I did subscribe to Raw. We never got any of the "Spotlight" issues or any of their side projects.

I remember finding a Superstars of Wrestling magazine when I was on vacation. It was a two page spread on each guy with a bio, pics and stats. That thing blew my mind when I was seven.

I only ever found the Brian Pillman special issue.

WCW Magazine would appear randomly at a local supermarket in the late 90s with seemingly zero consistency. There were usually any number of Napolitano magazines at those grocers, too.

• 4 weeks later...

The WWF magazine (or at least a newsstand owner putting out an issue a few weeks early) was responsible for my 11 year old brain's realization moment 'This stuff is predetermined!' finally happening. It was right after Mabel won the King of the Ring, and was placed as the top challenger to Diesel for Summerslam 95.

It was probably early/-mid August and the event wasnt for a few weeks, and I was in a shop perusing the latest issue of WWF magazine, which apparently was shipped out many weeks ahead of time.

In it, there was an article all about Diesel's big defeat of Mabel at Summerslam. I was around 11 years old and had already had an inclination at that point that it was put together, but this was the proverbial spilling of the beans.

• 3 years later...