Pro Wrestling Only

Good Will Wrestling: Fixing the WWE Part One

Late to the party but listened today and enjoyed this one. Don't watch weekly so some of the mid carders I don't have enough of an opinion on but totally feel the same about guys like Jericho and RVD that shouldn't be wrestling as much now. Just not much else to accomplish for them. I never saw Swagger as Biff!! This is amazing as he totally is. Would love to listen to a Back to the Future wrestling fantasy booking show.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that strikes me about the diagnoses on this podcast (which was a fun listen) is that there are so many guys that are tagged to "disappear." We're looking at a WWE that's already having a hard time creating unique and meaningful matches to fill all the TV and PPV time that they create - who do you use to fill in the midcard and uppercard after this shakeup, if you ask a dozen guys to take a vacation?

Also, I'd really love for someone to explain the idea of Ryback being some sort of "main event or bust" ace-caliber guy that's worthy of getting the "Lex Express" treatment in the (hilarious) scenario where Rusev, the guy that barely has enough offense to fill out a ten minute match with Jack Swagger, runs roughshod over the entire WWE roster.

I've gone back and watched Ryback's PPV resume in WWE so far, including HITC 2012 where he was supposedly ruined, and I just don't get it. He was getting "GOLD-BERG" chants on the very first PPV match he ever had. The fans booed him at Survivor Series 2012 when he put down both Cena and Punk in the triple threat. Even before the admittedly lousy finish at HITC 2012, I'm not convinced that he ever had the crowd's support in that match against Punk.

Yes, he has a decent power moveset that he pulls off fairly well. He also has a personality that's alarmingly close to Lump and Loaf in the Ren & Stimpy pro wrestling episode.

Yes, people were chanting "FEED-ME-MORE" in 2012. People also clap along with Kofi Kingston when he claps his hands in the air after a boom drop.

What, exactly, are you seeing in this guy?

Charisma, competence to play his character and larger than life personality. He also has proven that when he was in a position to move numbers, he moved numbers. I have always said the easiest way to kill the Goldberg chants is to have a vignette where Ryback goes to visit Goldberg and Goldberg "trains" him to do the Jackhammer and he gets the Goldberg endorsement.