Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1999-03-28-WWF-Wrestlemania XV] X-Pac vs Shane McMahon

Last few minutes. Test messes up something in his run in. HHH and Chyna come out, with HHH pedigreeing X-Pac to start the heel run that would make him a star. Eventually. The NAO try to make a save, but he and Test beat them down. Crowd chants for HBK. He was there and that would have been a cool moment. Kane finally comes out for revenge and the heels bail.

Double turn is complete as HHH is a Corp member and DX is pretty much done as a relevant unit. Gunn really bumped well on his run in and was a house of fire. I also have to give props to Shanes shirt.

There were no end of turns in this era, mostly lazily executed and pointless. This however was really well done. HHH had reunited with Chyna, but not the way everybody thought. A year after forming the new DX he dumps them and joins the dark side.

Yeah, as swerves go this wasn't a bad one, and it actually served a greater purpose in setting up a future top heel, something they would need as a Rock face turn was probably inevitable.

I have to tip my non-existent hat to Shane McMahon. This is his sixth match ever and he looks like a natural due to some padding and X-Pac leading the charge. Unlike the Shane of the 2010's, he works this as a non-wrestler and not as someone who can go toe-to-toe with the actual wrestlers. Test is in Shane's corner and the Mean Street Posse are front-row and they all get involved. Triple H and Chyna return and end up turning on X-Pac. A good match until yet another swerve ending soured things. 
★★¾