Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1999-03-28-WWF-Wrestlemania XV] The Undertaker vs Big Bossman (Hell in a Cell)

Last few minutes of a terrible HIAC. Undertaker wins at Wrestlemania. The Brood fly in from the ceiling, break into the Cell, then hand Undertaker a noose before flying away. Undertaker ties it around Boss Man's neck and Paul Bearer raises the cell. This is uncomfortable viewing and I really hate the Undertaker crap happening at this point.

Is this the worst Taker HIAC match? I gotta beileve so. I don't get the point of the hanging. This whole thing was in bad taste given what happened less than 2 months later. I wonder if they edited out the hanging from the Network version of Mania 15?

Poor taste even in the moment. Really just there to give some shock value and terrible action between these two. The highlight was the Brood repelling down.

Undertaker convincingly wins a shitty HIAC match. I'll bet he was real thrilled to be facing the Boss Man at the biggest show of the year. The aftermath is Russoriffic and tasteless in the extreme.

Philly is in open revolt for this farce. ECW is over and done with as a relevant entity but I'm not sure a chant a la King of the Ring '95 wouldn't be welcomed here. Of course the lasting image from this match is Michael Cole yammering, "IS THIS SYMBOLIC?!" as a man is ostensibly choking to death in front of his eyes. He's not "hanging the Corporation in effigy," you moron, he's ACTUALLY HANGING SOMEONE.

This was more like Taker vs Vince but Vince can’t wrestle so he sends Bossman, which makes sense, however it doesn’t make for a great match. It was rather dull actually and very, very heatless. It’s just a match inside the cell really. And of course the post match angle. Sigh. The post match angle. The bossman hanging so silence. Russoooooooooo! DUD