Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1999-05-08-ECW-TV] Interview: Taz

Judge Jeff Jones interviews Taz, who takes a more lighthearted approach than normal since they are in beautiful Florida. Halfway through the interview, he suddenly snaps and attacks the good judge, telling him he wants Candido to tell him everything he's feeling before throwing him in the trunk of his car. This is an interesting setup as fans are still filing in and Taz doesn't want to wait until the taping starts. A ring crew guy points out that he still has work to do around the ring. Taz agrees, then ends up hitting the guy with his belt. Taz is too much of an asshole to be a babyface, but he is a compelling character for sure.

This almost feels like WWF taz with the joking but then he becomes angry. With him choking out Jeff Jones, I'm wondering if they were setting up Taz/Sid? I guess not since he was in KAW at the time.

I liked the way this is taped with Taz bitching out Judge Jones and then going right to the ring with everyone filing in from the concourse area to see what he has to say. It made Taz look like a badass and big time.

I knew as soon as Taz started smiling that Jeff Jones was going to get it, but that doesn't make this segment any less fun. Taz storms the ring as TV taping preparations are still ongoing, and gets asked to leave by the future Bilvis Wesley. Taz lays him out and does a little ventriloquism act with his body. Taz is definitely an asshole babyface but he's a self-aware, unapologetic one, which puts him closer to Austin territory than Rock's bullying character.