Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1999-05-09-WCW-Slamboree] Raven & Perry Saturn vs Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko vs Rey Misterio Jr & Billy Kidman

Last few minutes. Arn continues to be great as a second. Kanyon interferes wearing a Sting mask and attacks Kidman. Raven pins Kidman to win the tag titles for himself and Saturn. Messed up finish clouded by Malenko locking in the Texas Cloverleaf at the same time the pin is taking place. That may have been on purpose but it looked awkward.

This feud produced some damn good traditional tags but this isn't at the established level at all. We just see the end but the work he see isn't great. Raven's DDT on Kidman was cool though.

I always mark out when Arn hits the spinebuster. Got a big pop too. I thought they were gonna do the "pin/sub at same time, wacky champions" angle but they did not. Good Job WCW.

This looked like a fun match with some new developments in Saturn/Raven gaining the tag straps. One of the best booked feuds in WCW this year.

This was a total clusterfuck watching it in full. Aimless wandering, disjointed, spots for the sake of spots. I don't know how many times I just watched Malenko kinda stroll around the ring. Benoit/Malenko playing king of the mountain was interesting but did not last long enough not have a good enough babyface in peril in the form of Saturn. Rey by far was the best in this match and pretty much the only one who tried to put together spots that would pop the crowd rather than just hit a random suplex. The one on one tag matches have been fun spotfests, but this is the epitome of a shitty, boring workrate spotfest.