Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1999-05-29-ECW-TV] Dudley Boys vs Axl Rotten & Balls Mahoney (Falls Count Anywhere)

Fun brawl going all the way through the crowd. ECW is definitely running pre-Hogan WCW-sized buildings at this point, and this is the type of match that would be much harder to do this well at ECW Arena. Sign Guy narrowly avoids a fireball (from the mouth) from Mahoney, which seems like a waste of the gimmick. D-Von brings a table into the ring and spreads thumbtacks on it. Then they light it on fire and Balls takes a crazy bump. The Dudleys win the tag titles.

This was pretty much ever Dudleys/Balls and partner tag match brawl that ever happened. Not much to say about it but was this the first time Mahoney went through a burning table? I remember him doing it almost weekly around this time. Balls Mahoney does throw a nice fireball though

I am intrigued by this feud as it looks like the Dudleys may have someone to go toe to toe with them and we can get some intense brawling. This was a good start that had some effective brawling in the crowd and some advanced violence even for ECW standards with the burning thumbtack table that got a huge reaction from the crowd. The Dudley's all in all have probably been my favorite characters in ECW history while watching these years. ***

I'll give them credit for making the flaming table out to be a big deal--and even done with psychology, since it pays back Balls burning Joel Gertner, Bubba Ray and D-Von really sell it as a convenient set of circumstances that they ended up with the lighter fluid available to use, and the bump is sold and put over properly.