Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1999-06-05-MPPW-TV] Kurt Angle vs J.R. Smooth

I have no idea who this announcer is, but he's a big step down from Dave and Cory. Angle is still green but both guys are working hard. I wish they would have gotten more time. Vic Tierney runs in for the DQ when Angle is about to get the win. Smooth attacks Angle with a chair after the match.

The announcer is Kevin Christian, Jerry Lawler's other son. Corey Maclin is in a cage for some reason and gets wheeled out mid match. JR now has two valets with him and Kevin fawns over them. The match doesn't go very long before Mic Tierney and Kris Kannonball(Carl Oullete) run in. Power Pro seems to have hit a funk with no Lawler, Stasiak or Dundee.

Pretty weak Power Pro overall. Who put cory in the cage and why? Now that Tim mentions that is Lawler's other son, I see the resemblance. Match was ok for what it was and Smooth did some good bumps in there with Angle. *1/2

Somehow Dave Brown is missing and Corey Macklin is locked inside a cage in the parking lot. Only in Memphis. Angle looks promising in his move execution and we get Fatu's requisite inside-out clothesline bump but Angle doesn't seem to be over at all. Neither does anyone else involved in this, really. Angle attempts a gratuitous dive off the top turnbuckle after the match is over and hurts his knee when he misses, then Smooth goes to town on it with a chair. Well, you pretty much brought all that on yourself, Kurt.