Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1999-06-14-WCW-Nitro] Ric Flair & Roddy Piper & DDP & Kanyon vs Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn & Buff Bagwell

Last few minutes of an okay match. Bagwell (of course) pins Flair (of course). Bischoff rambles on about Nash-Sid the whole time that the heat is peaking on what's supposed to be a big moment. No clue, I say. No clue. I remember reading that Benoit and Malenko resented doing all the work in these matches so Bagwell could get the glory at the end, and I can't say I don't see that watching this.

What a weird heel team here. I do like Bagwell as an apron guy and am not opposed to him being a focal point but Benoit really shoud have been too by this point. Bagwell pinning Flair didn't seem like the right move compared to the other choices.

Truth be told, this is probably the peak of Bagwell's career. He was teamed up with three guys who were head and shoulders above him as far as talent went, but, he was the one who came out looking like a star.

Bischoff makes sure to beat over our heads that veterans will always find a way to outsmart youngsters. The idea of Piper "knowing his own weaknesses" is...oh, I can't keep typing "LOL" or fake-laughing at every single WCW segment, but that's what it is. Eric is rambling about nothing in particular instead of putting over the finish.