Pro Wrestling Only

The Nomination Thread

Grimmas

Ha, while I don't think any voter that did their true due diligence would vote for either, I do want all candidates that could be named in other corners of the internet to get a fair shake here.

I don't want anyone to think that we overlooked those two guys or that we are just being "PWO" goofy by naming random luchadors and territory stars for this list.

That being said, Angle is a guy I can perfectly enjoy in some settings but I feel I portray his weaknesses in the Edge matches pretty well that plagued most of his career. He was a guy that could have some great spurts of athleticism and charisma but not enough "glue" to hold most of the matches together.

HHH is even more frustrating as their are times like in the Kane match and the Taboo Tuesday 2004 match where he is really good and he can sell a body part when motivated. Of course, we know he has some dreadful performances as I have highlighted in my reviews of the Steiner series where I think Steiner is clearly better.

At the minute, I could see Angle and HHH making my 100. I'm wondering how much abuse I'll get for that if I haven't had that PWO-ised out of my system in 2 years..... :)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some wrestlers that I know have at least three reviews at this board and I don't see threads for them that I would like to nominate:

Dan Kroffat

Hiroshi Hase

Kyoko Inoue

Psicosis

Andrei Kopylov

Bam Bam Bigelow

Bill Eadie/Masked Superstar/Demolition Ax

Bison Kimura

Brock Lesnar

Bruiser Brody

Buddy Landell

Buzz Sawyer

Candy Okutsu

Chavo Guerrero (Chavo Classic)

Chris Candido

Ciclon Ramirez

Combat Toyoda

Cutie Suzuki

Diamond Dallas Page

Dutch Mantell

Edge

Felino

Espectrito

Someone I just wanted to mention almost for the sake of getting good recommendations (because I have no earthly idea if he's a realistic candidate buut i'd love to see the pimped stuff) is Steve Corino. 3 great matches would be vs Tajiri from Hardcore Heaven, vs Champain from OMEGA (on a Schneider comp), and the 4 way with Hashimoto, Dylan Night and Gary Steele from 12/16/01. Is there anything from Zero One that's worth seeing? What about other indy stuff?

Via the 80's project:

Jim Brunzell

Mad Dog Vachon

via the Super Show Wrestler Snapshot located here:

Magnum TA

via my own Wrestler Snapshot located here:

Big Boss Man

he's better than Tanahashi and the best thing in New Japan this decade:

Shinsuke Nakamura

via the G1 Climax thread located here.

I did a search for "Generico" and "Zayn" in this forum and I didn't see a thread for this particular wrestler. But how far-fetched at this point would a nomination for Sami Zayn/El Generico be? The heel work may not be there, but as far as being a "Ricky Morton/Ricky Steamboat" type, honest to goodness babyface, from what I have seen, there isn't anyone in modern wrestling that connects as well as Sami/Generico does on that level.

I did a search for "Generico" and "Zayn" in this forum and I didn't see a thread for this particular wrestler. But how far-fetched at this point would a nomination for Sami Zayn/El Generico be? The heel work may not be there, but as far as being a "Ricky Morton/Ricky Steamboat" type, honest to goodness babyface, from what I have seen, there isn't anyone in modern wrestling that connects as well as Sami/Generico does on that level.

He's got at least 7 years of high quality matches.....definite contender.

Unfortunately the 80s forum died so I can't link to the threads for these matches. Not to call out any names, but with some of them that I am seeing then my man Butch Reed definitely should get nominated.

Butch Reed:

Butch Reed vs. Dick Murdoch (10/14/85)

Butch Reed vs. Buzz Sawyer (Dog Collar Match) (12/31/85)

Butch Reed vs. Ric Flair (Houston 10/11/85)

Aside from Ozaki, the most notable Joshi omission is Mariko Yoshida.

Jackie Sato warrants a thread. And, whilst I'm not her biggest fan, Toshiyo Yamada (given the obvious tags/etc)?

LCO certainly warrant mention if we do the separate tag deal, I guess it depends on how thorough we want to be with the separate threads? Would 25 be a solid number of female nominees?

On the shoot-style front, I can't find Tsuyoshi Kohsaka or Yoshihisa Yamamoto. Someone will consider Yoji Anjoh, too?

EDIT: For some reason I'm not allowed to c/p into messages... I figure the above are suitably known and they all feature across multiple Yearbooks (Anjoh moreso in 91/2, Kohsaka/Yamamoto from 95-98). Hopefully it's a one-off thing and I'll be able to edit this and add the links tomorrow.

Unfortunately the 80s forum died so I can't link to the threads for these matches. Not to call out any names, but with some of them that I am seeing then my man Butch Reed definitely should get nominated.

Butch Reed:

Butch Reed vs. Dick Murdoch (10/14/85)

Butch Reed vs. Buzz Sawyer (Dog Collar Match) (12/31/85)

Butch Reed vs. Ric Flair (Houston 10/11/85)

Already had a thread.

prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/28844-butch-reed/