Pro Wrestling Only

Jim Breaks

Grimmas

3 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

Breaks was versatile. He could wrestle technical bouts, work the light heavyweight style, brawl, do the cry baby act, and there were few better at carrying teenagers. If we had more footage of his early days, I think we'd see a more serious side to him. I am pretty sure he was a babyface when he got his big win over Mel Riss in '63. I would like to see some of his heel vs. heel stuff as well. Breaks vs. McManus sounds pretty wild: "They started wrestling, went hammer and tongs, ignored the ref, ignored the bells ending round one and two. And then I think they both got disqualified." 

Yeah, that heel vs heel stuff sounds more like what I'm looking for, let alone 63. I do agree he could work a match very different if he was up against Young David or Zoltan Boscik or Jon Cortez. He was very versatile within his role. Which right now seems like it could be enough to propel him all the way to my #11.

• 1 year later...

Jim Breaks is a God-tier shithouse.

Tying his laces to break the other guy's momentum, talking smack, breaking just slightly late, getting one in after the bell, whining to the ref at the slightest infraction; he's the Sergio Ramos of wrestling.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...