Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Grimmas

'Super Porky' Brazo de Plata

In his heyday, there was probably nobody more fun to watch. Here's a guy barely 5 feet tall and 300 lbs. and the way he moves is just crazy. The Brazos tag at AJW Wrestlemarinepiad in 1990 is fantastic and Porky was the main reason why. I don't know if he'll have enough to make my list, but he's definitely a fun guy to watch.

I LOVED his MMA match from last year with Rey Escorpion. If there are more of those to go with his 80's stuff he has a chance. I value charisma in ring.

I think there is an argument to be made that Super Porky us among the two or three best fat wrestlers of all time. He looks like a decent wrestler in the snippets of his pre weight gain careern we have but when he reinvented himself after the weight gain he became one of the most charismatic wrestlers I've ever see.

The 1989 bouts against Los Bucaneros is an awesome sample of what he and his brothers could do. They manage to straddle a fantastic balance between comical and serious. Their Super Libre in particular is one if my favorite trios matches in how it starts very funny but end in harrowing violent fashion.

Los Brazos have a ton of great trios matches from the early 90s as well. I'll try to post a list of those another time when I'm not on my phone.

That Rey Escorpion match was awful. If you want Porky spectacle matches from the 00s, his hair matches against Asesino Negro are much better. I agree with Graham. If you're going to vote for Porky then vote for him from the '89-93 period.

That Rey Escorpion match was awful. If you want Porky spectacle matches from the 00s, his hair matches against Asesino Negro are much better. I agree with Graham. If you're going to vote for Porky the vote for him from the '89-93 period.

One of my favourite matches of last year. I loved every second of it. Now I must seek out that match if its much better.

Porky definitely has a chance of making my ballot. Just one of the most fun guys to watch in his pomp. Moved incredibly for a guy his size, and I'm always a mark for athletic fat guys. I especially love his cartwheel spot. Great comedy wrestler, of course, but I think he was really good about transitioning from comedy stuff to serious stuff. One minute he'll be falling off the apron or crying because his brothers are hitting him, just being a total buffoon, the next he'll be headbutting the shit out of someone, or hitting a sweet back suplex. The cons are that I haven't seen a great Porky singles match. Not saying they don't exist, but I haven't seen it. So, is his trios work great enough and varied enough to warrant him a place? Also, latter day Porky is just sad to watch. Like, it actually depresses me.

I really value wrestlers who have charisma and a rapport with the fans, and Porky absolutely has that going for him more than most. Just so much fun to watch, a truly joyful wrestler. It's easy to forget he could really work too. Definitely on my list.