Pro Wrestling Only

Sgt. Slaughter

Grimmas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome work Elliott, so great. I am a sarge supporter and am excited to dig a little deeper. All the high end stuff that I have watched is top notch. 

I would vote for Tully who I love and would like to see how his case rounds out,  or Fuerza who is on my list to explore And sounds really interesting. 

Thank you! My hope is to see more big writeups. I'm going try and do my part and do as many as I can over the next 5 years. I dunno how many that will be, but its really fun exploring wrestlers I like in depth, thinking and writing about them in the context of GWE.

I've said it before, but I (and other people) have come back to these threads over the past 5 years in attempts to find recommendations or learn more about wrestlers I'm not as familiar with. There's a lot of great content but just as often you'll click on a thread and see unanswered questions or  some snarky comments asking about how they performed in the last year of their career or just some quick brush-offs that doesn't really tell you anything in depth about the wrestler. 

Ideally I'd like to be able to click on any thread at random and learn about someone's traits or when they were at their best or what are their defining matches or where they stand in a broader landscape or if they're a bright shining star peak or a steady long time hand, whether you can expect violent brawls or graceful mat work or flippy floppy or whatever. I probably click on the CIMA thread once a year like "I used to kinda dig him lemme learn more about him" and thats never paid off (although, InYourCase made some recs I need to make some time for!) Shit, look at the Lou Thesz thread. What a disaster! This is my real hope for this project. That we can all learn from each other. 

Anyway, it looks like I have access to 220+ Fuerza Guerrara matches. That could be fun. :)

Was there anything vaguely of note in the later 90s during his commissioner run? Not that I'd mark him down for not having anything but would be curious to see if there's anything worth a watch. There's a 2003 episode of Heat where he works Stevie Richards in a fun match where Sarge takes his ridiculous over the top of the post bump to the floor, which is pretty mad for a man in his mid 50s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmJHCxzYe6U

I didn't end up watching any of the super past his prime stuff. I ended it on that HHH match because I told Grimmas I was gonna watch all the Slaughter and they were like "LOL THERE'S A 17 MINUTE HHH MATCH!" so I figured I was committed at least until that :)

3 minutes against Randy Orton from 2007 is asking too much though :)

• 2 months later...