Pro Wrestling Only

Place to Be Podcast Thread

Bigelow34

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott deliver the PTBP’s eleventh annual Halloween Spooktacular! This year the boys are in the hot seats as Steve Bennett steps into guest host the show, along with guest cohost JA D'Amato.

Steve interviews the PICs about the origins of their friendship and the podcast, the evolution of wrestling podcasts in general, inspiration for the show, memorable moments and more! They also play some games and give awards for the reboot project along the way!

So fire up this action-packed episode, grab a pumpkin full of candy, put on your costume and join Scott, Justin, Steve & JAD because it is time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-586-eleventh-annual-halloween-spooktacular/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Jake Williams as they dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Backlash 2007!

The boys chat about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they reset the timeline and talk about the Hardy Boys taking over the tag team division, an underrated women's division, the growth of MVP, Mr. McMahon as ECW Champion, another classic Batista/Undertaker war and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Jake as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-588-backlash-2007/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Logan Crosland as they dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Judgment Day 2007!

The boys chat about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about Ric Flair's current role, the elevation of the ECW World Title, a poor showing for Shawn Michaels, how this era of the Hardy Boyz rank, a surprisingly feisty main event and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Logan as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-589-judgment-day-2007/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Peter Winson as they dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at WWE Saturday Night's Main Event XXXIV from 6/2/07!

The boys chat about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about a wild Great Khali squash of John Cena, an arm wrestling contest with Mr. McMahon, MVP's growth in the ring, the return of Doink (!), poor usage of Umaga and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Peter as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-590-saturday-night-s-main-event-xxxiv-6207/

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 4:35 AM, Bigelow34 said:

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Logan Crosland as they dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Judgment Day 2007!

The boys chat about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about Ric Flair's current role, the elevation of the ECW World Title, a poor showing for Shawn Michaels, how this era of the Hardy Boyz rank, a surprisingly feisty main event and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Logan as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-589-judgment-day-2007/

Really enjoying the return to the 'original timeline' and these 2007 shows. For the rather obvious reason you will soon run into, 2007 was where I dropped out of a lot of wrestling watching so it will be great to hear about the shows post the summer. 

It struck me listening to this show, and it's something I've thought for a while, but that 2006-07 Cena title reign is probably my favourite run of his whole career. To me it was the closest they've ever got to replicating a Hogan run, where he was the clear ace of the company and fighting off a wide variety of different challengers each month - you think that he went from Edge, to Umaga, to HBK, to Khali, to Lashley up to Orton, and Cena is great in all of them, changing up his formula depending on the opponent. It also kept things fresh, something very different from how it would quickly move to where it was rematch after rematch until something like Cena vs Orton gets run into the ground as they did it 4 or 5 PPVs in a row. You guys were talking on the Backlash show about was it the right time to end the Cena title reign, but to me, if he hadn't got injured it should've at least made it to Mania 24 before you would consider him losing. I also think that, while he would get some mixed reactions when up against someone like Shawn, that during this time the fans were generally on his side as they recognised how awesome he was (although that also came him from being put up against heels like Khali that fans weren't going to cheer for).

Anyway, sorry, bit of a ramble, but I think this Cena title reign is great, and I'm glad you are back chronicling it. I also agree 100% with you guys that this Hardys run is brilliant too - they are so good here. For me, adding up all their different runs, they come out as the best WWE tag team of all time, but that's another debate to be had! 

Keep up the great shows guys.   

Thanks for the kind words! We have really enjoyed the journey back to 07 as well! It feels fresh now and crazy to think its already 14 years old.

I agree on the Cena stuff... it was the closest they got to a classic Backlund/Hogan style dominant face title reign. I also agree that he likely holds it til WM24... no clue who he would lose to at that show (Trips, prob)... will always be quite the What If... I think 07 is his best in ring year until his sudden leap in 2015sh.

Thanks for listening as always!

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Marcus Fuller as they dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE One Night Stand 2007!

The boys chat about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about an upset by Rob Van Dam, a hidden gem ladder match, another missed title opportunity for Batista, Cena's big night and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Marcus as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-591-one-night-stand-2007/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Tim Capel as they dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Vengeance 2007!

The boys chat about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about the passing of Sherri Martel, the Chris Benoit tragedy, the Hardy Boys heading out of the tag team division, Johnny Nitro's big chance, another loss for Batista, another win for Cena and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Tim as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-592-vengeance-2007/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Jennifer Smith as they dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Great American Bash 2007!

The crew chats about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about MVP's growing success, Hornswoggle's big night, the presentation of Candice Michelle, CM Punk continues to struggle, Dusty Rhodes in the ring, a classic main event and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Jennifer as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-594-great-american-bash-2007/

• 4 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Mike Eller as they continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE SummerSlam 2007!

The crew chats about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about the aimless Kane, Umaga still looking like a monster, the returns of Rey Mysterio and Triple H, a farewell to King Booker, Batista blowing another title shot, a strong main event and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Mike as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-596-summerslam-2007/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Ryan Gray as they continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Unforgiven 2007!

The crew chats about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about the Signature Pharmacy fallout, CM Punk: ECW Champion, the sagging tag team divisions, Batista winning the big one, Johnny Fabulous on the scene, the Undertaker's return and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Mike as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-597-unforgiven-2007/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE No Mercy 2007!

The crew chats about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about John Cena's injury, chaos in the WWE Title picture, the direction of ECW, the ongoing Hardy & MVP saga, Batista in the Punjabi Prison, Orton's big night and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott and Justin as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-598-no-mercy-2007/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Rocco Martone as they continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Cyber Sunday 2007!

The crew chats about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about the Cyber Sunday gimmick, the ascension of The Miz, Mr. Kennedy's forced shtick, the growth of MVP, a great Michaels/Orton match, another classic Undertaker/Batista war and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Rocco as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-599-cyber-sunday-2007/

• 1 month later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Chad Campbell as they continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Survivor Series 2007!

The crew chats about the 1993 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2007 where they talk about the CM Punk's ECW dominance, the presentation of the women's division, a big night for Jeff Hardy, a standout performance for Big Daddy V, Randy Orton's masterpiece match, the return of Edge and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Chad as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-601-survivor-series-2007/

• 4 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by JA D'Amato as they continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE Royal Rumble 2008!

The crew chats about the 1994 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2008 where they talk about Ric Flair's new storyline, JBL's in ring return, Jeff Hardy's big moment, John Cena's surprise return and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and JA as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-603-royal-rumble-2008/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Marcus Fuller as they continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at the underrated WWE No Way Out 2008!

The crew chats about the 1994 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2008 where they talk about the odd booking of the ECW Title, a hidden classic Elimination Chamber war, a disappointing night for Mr. Kennedy, another Cena/Orton war, the return of Big Show, an all time segment with Floyd Mayweather and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Marcus as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-604-no-way-out-2008/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Tim Taylor as they continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at WWE WrestleMania XXIV!

The crew chats about the 1994 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2008 where they talk about JBL's impending push, CM Punk's big win, a disappointing night for Batista and Umaga, Ric Flair's retirement match, Randy Orton's huge win, an all time celebrity match and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Tim as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-605-wrestlemania-xxiv/

• 2 weeks later...

PTBN was the 1st podcast feed I got into, I would love some of the old voices to do some classic review shows, like pre-attitude era stuff. 

Where the big boys play was the 1st nwa/wcw supercard review show. Pre-wwe network. So it wasn't easy to watch most if these shows. I had a half-dozen on VHS. 

Anyway, good luck on the future of the podcast network. I've been a fan and I acknowledge you as the OG wrestling podcast players. 

8 hours ago, Outsider said:

PTBN was the 1st podcast feed I got into, I would love some of the old voices to do some classic review shows, like pre-attitude era stuff. 

Where the big boys play was the 1st nwa/wcw supercard review show. Pre-wwe network. So it wasn't easy to watch most if these shows. I had a half-dozen on VHS. 

Anyway, good luck on the future of the podcast network. I've been a fan and I acknowledge you as the OG wrestling podcast players. 

Thank you for the kind comments and support! Very much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Matt Souza as they continue the dive back into their original Vintage Vault timeline with a look at WWE Backlash 2008!

The crew chats about the 1994 Flashback, including the Pop Culture Corner and the Herb Kunze Tidbits of the Week, and then head to 2008 where they talk about Mick Foley in the announce booth Matt Hardy's big night, a battle of giants, ECW confusion, Edge coming up short again, the end of Orton's reign of terror and so much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Matt as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

https://placetobe.podbean.com/e/place-to-be-podcast-episode-606-backlash-2008/