Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Eye Podcast - Episode #6 Talking Powerslam Magazine with Rob Butcher, John Lister and Greg Lambert

cheapshot

I remember Glen's famous 'spider' writing. His lists I found were a bit more difficult to follow compared to Robs in terms of font/layout/spacing etc.

On one particular 4 hour compilation order with Rob I asked him if he could comp together all the Jim Cornette/Midnights promos/angles etc from his 85/86 tapes....and he did. Insane!

Did Rob take payment by milk tokens or did he say that he doesn't take that form of payment?

Either way either he liked milk a lot or someone tried to actually pay using those tokens, which make me chuckle.

I *think* that was just something he said on the lists for comic effect while making the point that it was cash, cheque and possible postal orders only.

Does anyone remember Five Star Wrestling Tapes? Pretty sure they only provided an online service around 2001. They didn't have a huge range but it was mostly all commercial tapes from All-Japan and New-Japan so the VQ quality was a huge step up.

I used to order from Strong Style Tapes in the early-2000s.

Wasn't that Mark Petar? The guy who got busted selling bootleg ROH videos at the FWA/ROH Frontiers of Honor show.

Does anyone remember Five Star Wrestling Tapes? Pretty sure they only provided an online service around 2001. They didn't have a huge range but it was mostly all commercial tapes from All-Japan and New-Japan so the VQ quality was a huge step up.

I used to order from Strong Style Tapes in the early-2000s.

Wasn't that Mark Petar? The guy who got busted selling bootleg ROH videos at the FWA/ROH Frontiers of Honor show.

Yes, this is talked about in the following podcast I did earlier this week: http://wrestlingeye.libsyn.com/wrestling-eye-podcast-episode-7-talking-with-longtime-fan-and-podcaster-mark-ren