Pro Wrestling Only

Night of Champions 2014 (Live as it happens)

goodhelmet

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheamus vs. Cesaro

- Cesaro has really been hitting the tanning bed. Nice feeling out section early on leading to the slap and Sheamus just abusing Cesaro after. The uppercut transition was pretty great leading to the Cesaro control. Sheamus showboating cost him! The crowd really doesn’t like Sheamus here. Sheamus is digging in them backbreakers. Great counter to the clubbing by Cesaro. Fucking great stretch run with Cesaro making up counters out of thin air. Man, that Brogue Kick killed it for me but that was a helluva match.

Sheamus v. Cesaro was solid,but underwhelming, and then it just exploded. By the time it was over I ended up thinking the pacing and the layout of the first third of the match was actually really smart and not so disjointed. Loved the psychology around Sheamus kick, and even though it's not fresh, I always like that rope a dope finish. Still not as good as last years Main Event match, but this was a great use of two of the three best in ring performers on the current roster

Uso vs. Dust Brothers - Solid match with a lot of fun spots that built well with near falls down the stretch. The finish was weak and I'm not at all a fan of moving the belts off of the Usos.

Sheamus vs. Cesaro - Well this was pretty damn awesome with a hot stretch run and some great, powerful spots with two big dudes hitting each other hard. But again a finish I absolutely hated that protects someone who's been more invisible than even Orton all year while again having Cesaro come up short on a flash pin. Man did I ever want him to win this and see where things go from here.

Miz vs. Ziggler

- What really stands out here is how snug Cesaro and Sheamus work and how loose Ziggler and Miz work. Immediately after I wrote that, this thing picked up and everything started connecting nicely. I want to see the replay on that superkick on Miz. That looked nasty. Miz winning doesn’t feel right. They should have changed the Cesaro belt and kept Dolph with the IC belt.

Miz vs. Ziggler -- I caught Sandow's entrance because he's awesome. Then I was a good husband and went to say hi to the wife and hang there for a few minutes. Got back to see more of the finish than I'd like, but at least I saw Sandow doing his thing during the celebration. I don't know what you do with him but he makes Miz tolerable and that's some HOF type game.