Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1999-07-13-NJPW-Summer Struggle] Jushin Liger & Great Sasuke vs Shinjiro Otani & Tatsuhito Takaiwa

Wow, we only got clips but this really was phenomenal. Liger and Sasuke are a dream team, Sasuke pulls out some incredible high-flying moves, Liger is awesome as the elder statesman, Otani and Takaiwa pull off a major upset with Takaiwa pinning Liger and holy crap is this crowd red hot! I'd call this a holy grail, and it's really sad we don't have the whole thing.

Really would love to see this in full. If the rest of the match is on par with the excellent opening and home stretch this is a top notch MOTYC.

This looked awesome. Sasuke looked better here than I have ever seen and the heat was nuclear. Shame we don't have this in full as the finishing stretch was really heated and it looked MOTYC level at a minimum. Come on NJ World.

That could well have been the hottest NJ crowd of 1999. You can chalk off another NJ entry from top MOTY lists due to clipping. This was the most frustrating one yet. I mean what better stuff could they possibly have to show instead of the remaining 8-9m?

New Japan fucks over the juniors on television, film at 11 (...no one says that anymore). As it is this comes off as the Japanese junior tag version of Hagler-Hearns, just a total balls-to-the-wall sprint from the word go. Sasuke busts out the reverse 450 here among other killer high-flying moves between him and Otani. And a memorable finish.