Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1999-07-24-OVW-TV] Trailer Park Trash & Flash Flanagan vs Rip Rogers & Jason Lee / Interview: Rip Rogers & Jason Lee

Last few minutes of what looks like a very fun house show match. Rip Rogers still has it in 1999. He and Lee (The Suicide Blondes) win the tag titles. They do a promo where Rip does all the talking back in the not-studio. Jim Cornette has ordered them to defend the tag titles the following Tuesday night. They have words for Flash Flanagan and Trailer Park Trash, two of my favorite late 90s forgotten workers. Flanagan and Jason Lee end up in a fight and Cornette makes a match for them later in the show.

Another match that ends with a run in finish. Come on Cornette. Rip cuts a good interview but man, he looks out of date in 99. Flash Flanagan runs in and he's one of my favorite southern guys that never made it/ Jason Lee is just a guy and Trailer Park Trash is still in oVW to this day.

I liked the promo by RIp but it does still feel mid card and I struggle with OVW's identity overall. Hopefully they will improve with the Cornette regime fully under them now.

I wish a guy as sound as Rogers who so loudly preaches fundamentals would have bothered to take the belt with him after using it, instead of leaving it on the apron in plain sight of the referee. The Blonds use "Low" by Cracker as their entrance music which is...interesting.