Pro Wrestling Only

Sheamus

Grimmas

I ended up being the high voter for Sheamus in 2016, and I think he's very much a guy who's added to his resume since then. He had the best of 7 series with Cesaro leading to the Bar run as one of the best teams in the world. He's remained constant throughout, he's someone you always get a good performance from, through to this year where he's been a really standout on WWE TV in 2021. I had him top 50 last time, and I can see him being one of my guys who doesn't drop even with a deeper dive into wrestlers I'd overlooked- there were wrestlers I had above him who'll be placing lower in 2026.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this revelation about Sheamus as I wrote up my thoughts on Mania night 2. To me, he is kind of a WWE version of Tomohiro Ishii. He lays in his stuff, he isn’t afraid of taking a big shot when needed. Maybe his highs aren’t as high, but he serves a similar purpose. Underrated tag wrestler. At this point he is credible vs anyone you feud him with. And unlike Ishii, Sheamus will get a push here and there from time to time. 

I would of said Sheamus hasn't really added a lot in recent years that would change my outlook on him for GWE, but then in 2021 he's been on a hot streak of matches and would challenge Bryan hard for the title of best wrestler in the company.  Two super PPV performances this year Vs Drew and Riddle and with a title in his possession he'll have opportunities to keep impression.

He'll absolutely make my list, but probably bottom half.  

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, BigBadMick said:

Could we get a list of Sheamus's best matches in 2020-21? Keep hearing he's doing great work lately....

Pandemic-era Sheamus matches from my sheet:

vs Jeff Hardy - Backlash '20

vs Miz/Morrison - Raw 1/25/21

vs Drew - Raw 3/1/21

vs Drew - Raw 3/8/21

vs Drew - Fastlane '21

vs Riddle - 'Mania

vs Drew vs Damien Preist - Raw 8/30/21