Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1999-09-25-MPPW-TV] Randy Hales and Brian Christopher

Brian Christopher shows up in the Memphis studio sans his Too Cool gimmick. Randy Hales apologizes for any misunderstanding they have had in the past and reveals a gift he had for him - a brand new TV. Christopher comes back later in the show with a gift of his own - a baseball bat, which Christopher uses to smash the TV to pieces. Hales tosses him out of the studio and calls him a "prick", which is treated as a WHOA word to use on TV. So Christopher comes back and attacks him with light tubes! I wish I knew what led to all of this in the first place.

Well, here goes: Brian made a surprise return the week prior. He was Jim Cornette's special referee for the grudge match between Corny and Randy Hales. During Brian's return promo, he bellyached about how nobody involved in PPW sent him any condolences on his recent knee injury and surgery. During the Hales-Cornette match, Brian popped Cornette in the match, and this is the Saturday after that.

This was wild. Between calm voice Brian, the baseball bat hitting the TV in a total old school moment and Randy Hales going all Ian Rotten and getting hit with a lighttube and not bleeding. Great stuff.

Good little angle here and seeing light tubes on Memphis tv was shocking. Christopher is able to convey a heel persona here that has more of an edge to it than at any other point in his career.

I knew that TV was going to get smashed as soon as it was unveiled, but I liked Christopher's slow burn and his psychotic promo after whacking Hales with the light tube. "I'M WORTH MORE THAN A TV!!!"