Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1999-10-16-MPPW-TV] Brian Christopher and Doug Gilbert

Brian Christopher brings a van full of fans into the studio. Dave Brown gets in my head somehow when he asks if everyone actually got out of the same van, as there are at least 50 people entering the studio. I can't stop laughing. Brian says they are all in his fan club, which costs $99.95 to join. Those who join get all kinds of Brian Christopher merchandise. His fans cheer him on and this is hilarious. Finally, his fan club members get a lock of his hair! Tremendous, but no way could those follicles make it through a drug test. Brian Christopher presents "Mike" with a Fan of the Year award and gives him a Brian Christopher clock. A Brian Christopher clock! Doug Gilbert comes out to break up all the fun and they end up in a brawl with the famed Christopher Clock being broken over his head. Doug goes right after the knee and Brian bails. This feud is gold.

This is much like the 1992-1993 Brian Christopher that was such a unbelievably great heel. I always wished he'd ditch that Grandmaster Sexy bullshit and break out the vests again as Too Sexy Brian Christopher around 2000.

Man Brian is so more entertaining as a heel. I can see why they kept him as a face for so long but he's great here. I liked the Brian Christopher clock and trading card. Doug comes off heelish here.

I thought this was absolutely tremendous. The van pilling out and Brian hamming it up with them cheering him on was great. The lock of hair bit was hilarious as well as the clock that plays into the brawl later on. One of the better feuds in the whole year