Pro Wrestling Only

Current New Japan

pol

On 4/7/2019 at 4:25 PM, Stiva said:

And wouldn’t you know it, seems like he’s being offered an NXT deal in WWEs attempt to tie up anyone that isn’t AEW bound 

I don’t think there’d be any chance he’d go to AEW, so that’s a headscratcher if it is actually true. The exact fans that are AEW’s base are the ones who have run Elgin out of the states in the first place.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WWE has had some head scratching signings in recent times like EC3, Mike Bennett, Lince Dorado, etc. Guys who prior to being signed never seemed like a big time talent and being signed and put on TV still don't. But Elgin would take the cake. He's a poor man's version of Jeff Cobb (who they already passed on) plus he's been accused of rape and/or accessory to rape. It just doesn't make sense to me. 

Can we stop saying Elgin was accused of rape? That's a serious thing to say about someone, and it's not accurate. I'm not defending his alleged actions or saying anything positive about him as a performer. But that doesn't mean he should be slandered without basis. 

The most common characterization I've seen is that he mishandled a sexual assault allegation against one of the wrestlers in the promotion he ran. That's a serious thing in its own right, and I agree with your overall point that it's bizarre for the WWE to consider hiring him. 

8 hours ago, Childs said:

The most common characterization I've seen is that he mishandled a sexual assault allegation against one of the wrestlers in the promotion he ran. That's a serious thing in its own right, and I agree with your overall point that it's bizarre for the WWE to consider hiring him. 

The thing I heard about it is he told the woman involved to go to the police, which she refused to do. At that point I'm not sure what he's suppose to do, fire and stop using the guy on her word?

Its a little wrestling promotion, doubt he has a HR department to investigate such things. Does he take the guy aside and say I hear you raped so and so, did You? The guy says no, OK um who do you believe, does he go to the police on her behalf even though she doesn't want the police involved?

Not sure if any of us on here would have handled it any better than Elgin did at the time.

Is there more to this story I'm missing?

14 hours ago, ragemaster said:

Can you add where this story came from? is this hearsay or something with more proof?

Did you hear him say this to you, or has he put this out online himself?

He told the story on The Kevin Steen Show.

https://www.bodyslam.net/2018/02/18/michael-elgin-shares-story-with-kevin-owens-about-urinating-on-a-female-wrestling-fan/

I wouldn't say this rises to the level of a criminal offense, but it's still pretty sleazy and not a good look for a company as image-conscious as WWE.

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

He told the story on The Kevin Steen Show.

https://www.bodyslam.net/2018/02/18/michael-elgin-shares-story-with-kevin-owens-about-urinating-on-a-female-wrestling-fan/

I wouldn't say this rises to the level of a criminal offense, but it's still pretty sleazy and not a good look for a company as image-conscious as WWE.

Yep its a sleazy story alright, I think passing the girls around the room could be construed as rapey. Also even if the girl said yes to the piss, he made it clear she wanted to stop,  everyone in the room comes across as sleazy. 

The story sounds like every sleazy "rat" stories from the "good ol' days". I've heard way worse from guys who are loved by everyone... Still, yeah, comes off really sleazy, of course, especially these days.

3 hours ago, rovert said:

Elgin is 110% in bound with IMPACT. Expect an offical announcement soon.

*groan*

Come on Callis & D'Amore, you don't have to sign every damn crappy Canadian wrestler around. First recent iMPACT signee I absolutely don't care about. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

The most intriguing thing about Jericho vs. Okada, to me, is the question of will Okada actually change up his IWGP Title match template, or will he have the same match he has vs. everyone else, vs. Jericho as well.

This would be the perfect time to do a max-20 min IWGP title match, too. They won't do it because every (especially Okada) big match has to go 30+, but this would be the time to do it IMO.

Okada-SANADA was disappointing especially considering how great their last two matches were. 

I'm sold on the Dominion ME though and BOSJ looks absolutely stacked.

Not sure who this new wrestler is they're bringing in to challenge Juice, but I sort of wish they would give Juice feuds with already-established stars. Why not just have a quick feud with Suzuki or do a program with Sabre?

With the narrative of Lee wanting a title match with Hiromu, seems pretty certain he'll be back sooner rather than later.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:00 PM, Boss Rock said:

Okada-SANADA was disappointing especially considering how great their last two matches were. 

Agreed. It's not that it was bad either, it was actually a real solid, long match that never was boring, but it never got going either. Surely the lesser Okada performance in a long, long while. I have loved SANADA in the Japan Cup, but despite the cool new look, he hasn't shown he was ready for the main event here. Honestly, Taichi was much more impressive against Jeff Cobb and that was a better match too. Dragon Lee vs Ishimorii and EVIL vs Ishii were great though. Best single EVIL match ever, surely.

Okada vs Jericho and Naito vs Ibushi should be an amazing 1-2 punch at Dominion.