pol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes:

The Rock'n Roll Express are cool as a novelty act having decent matches at 60 if paired up with some great tag teams like the Briscoes or LAX. People pop for Ricky Morton doing Canadian Destroyers, which is as crazy as Terry Funk doing a moonsault. But come on now. The one thing interesting would be to see Ricky interact with Chase Owens, as it's been told a billion time that he's been trained by him (they even kinda made it an angle of sorts during the G1, with Chase requesting Kevin Kelly to stop mentioning it)

Watched ZSJ vs Tanahashi, these guys can have a terrific match in their sleep while taking zero risk. 

On 9/25/2019 at 12:57 AM, FMKK said:

Agree, although the Ospreay/Eagles vs Phantasmo/Ishimori match was probably by favourite tag of the year.

Well, thanks for hyping this to me, because I wasn't about to watch otherwise. Fucking incredible match, easy MOTYC to me (not that I'm keeping score or anything, but that just says how much I thought of this one). Ospreay vs Phantasmo is gonna kill everything at KOPW, most likely.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

It really didn't get enough buzz at all. I guess people have post-G1 fatigue plus a million other things happening in wrestling. But yeah, my favourite tag match of the year easily.

Part of that, I think, is AEW locking up so many teams and not running many shows. It's certainly the best thing close to a straight tag match this year - the other matches in the conversation would be the two PPV Lucha Bros-Young Bucks matches, the Lucha Bros-LAX Full Metal Mayhem match, and the Briscoes-PCO/King street fight, only one of which even had tags.

8 hours ago, FMKK said:

It really didn't get enough buzz at all. I guess people have post-G1 fatigue plus a million other things happening in wrestling. 

Post G1 fatigue is the right way to put it for me. But I was wrong, because as always NJPW big matches are pretty much the state of the art. So I watched the other big stuff from the Destruction shows. 

KENTA vs Ibushi was very good, but I also am tired of the Bullet Club run-ins. Never liked that aspect of Gedo's booking. I recognize it works and is well done, but to me it's tired and was too americanized. KENTA is perfect in this role, because he's clearly not his old self physically.

Goto vs Takagi was a great match, as Takagi is pretty much the perfect opponent for Goto. Then again, he looks like the best opponent for everyone. Perfect way to build Goto for the IC title match.

And well, Naito vs White was also just great. White is so awesome at everything at this point. It's crazy how far he has come. He's also atotal heat magnet. Naito looked way better than in the G1 too, super crisp and healthy.

That tag match was still the best match of these three shows. Incredible stuff.

2 hours ago, Boss Rock said:

I like KENTA in BC but I punted on the YOSHI-HASHI match just a few minutes in. It's a shame because HASHI has been know to overachieve in these types of matches, but this and the Sabre matches were disappointments. And as good as KENTA is as a heel, he's been pretty inconsistent.

It was not particularly good. They worked hard enough but it was paint by numbers stuff, nothing lost in skipping it.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:57 PM, NintendoLogic said:

I'm kind of worried they're building this match up into something they can't deliver with a no-blood policy. Still, it's Liger and Suzuki we're talking about. If it isn't at least the New Japan MOTY, it'll be a huge letdown.

Liger's retiring and Suzuki's a freelancer who's rumored to be leaving at some point. They might just say "fuck it" and go all Dustin Rhodes-Blacktop Bully. 

8 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

So KOPW is very much up in the air due to the typhoon. It'll be gone by the time the show is supposed to start, but there's a chance structural damage and lack of power will cause the show to be postponed. Too bad, because I was really looking forward to Liger/Suzuki.

The Japan vs Scotland rugby match is taking place right now. So, hopefully the NJPW show is a go. If Japan gets eliminated, poor Taguchi is gonna be so sad.