pol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It's the mindset in Japan, they still have that "make your dates" mentality that the territory guys used to have. You do every show unless you're completely incapable. 

That mentality has been absolutely true in the US for the last 20 years too. Kane has never missed a show.

"Shingo understands the importance of pulling his trunks over his belly-button."

See? This is why I don't review the pro-wrestling. It's Okada-Shingo, a match I'm pumped for, and that's all I've got. (Good match so far, winner still in doubt, crowd right into it.)

Easily the best Cup show so far, three really good matches with Okada-Shingo being predictably excellent.

Spoiler

I've got Shingo going all the way in the tournament. Feels like a guy who they want to push and would get some rub from winning the tournament, he's a big enough deal to be Ibushi's first defense of the new title, while also not quite being big enough that they'd want to hold the match for a bigger show.

1 hour ago, Migs said:

Easily the best Cup show so far, three really good matches with Okada-Shingo being predictably excellent.

Reveal hidden contents

I've got Shingo going all the way in the tournament. Feels like a guy who they want to push and would get some rub from winning the tournament, he's a big enough deal to be Ibushi's first defense of the new title, while also not quite being big enough that they'd want to hold the match for a bigger show.

Spoiler

That's what I'm hoping, even though I pegged Okada to win. It makes sense too with Shingo having pinned Ibushi in the G1.

Yeah, great match. Okada's bumping and selling was something else. With all due respect, it blew away Tanahashi's match with Takagi. Forget EVIL and SANADA, this is the guy you want to push toward the top now, he's got everything going for him.

Honma vs Suzuki was everything you'd expect and more. Honma doesn't look like his old self, he moves funny at times, but they really beat the hell out of each others and how many years Suzuki can keep up at being this great ?

KENTA vs Juice was kinda there for a while then turned out quite good in the end. KENTA's troll clapping is funny heel stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

NJ Cup semi-finals interrupted by 7.0 earthquake in the middle of Bullet Club vs Tana, Okada, Ibushi*. Everyone fine, I believe they're checking the building for structural damage before continuing. Don't see that everyday, thankfully.
*Epicentre was Sendai, not the six-man...

Finlay-Ospreay was great. This whole tournament has been a really good showcase for him. Really happy he finally got a win over Jay after all these years.

Main event tomorrow should be excellent. Pulling for Shingo as there's already history with him beating Ibushi in the G1. Not that I expect him to the win the title, but him winning the tournament would be an awesome show of confidence after how well he's done the past 2 years.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Man, Gedo really has lost the plot if he's recycling 2005 Randy Orton angles.

If nothing else it's extremely tone deaf to have  Will of all people do a "I'm so serious I'll abuse my girlfriend to prove it" angle. All that was missing was David Crockett yelling SHE LIKES IT TONY!