Current New Japan

pol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, thought Tama did really well for himself and did a nice job keeping up with Okada. Strong performance.

I'm struggling to figure out who their 12 teams are for World Tag League unless they have some people coming in (or they're going with 8 or 10 teams and not everyone has a tournament match every night). Not good teams - I literally can't find the available guys based on their roster.

1. GOD
  2. Tekkerz
  3. Evil/Yujiro
  4. O'Khan/Henare
  5. Goto/Yoshi Hashi
  6. Makabe/Honma
  7. Kojima/Tenzan
  8. Yano/??? (Nagata? Tanahashi?) - Ishii is in the US

Sanada doesn't have a partner with Naito out. There's no other heavyweights in Suzuki-Gun for Suzuki. Cobb is in the US and I'd assume Kenta is going back (and again, pretty sure Chase already went back, so he doesn't have a partner unless they bring in Fale). Hoping this means we're getting some fresh teams, like Aussie Open perhaps?

On 11/6/2021 at 5:02 PM, Migs said:

Yeah, thought Tama did really well for himself and did a nice job keeping up with Okada. Strong performance.

I'm struggling to figure out who their 12 teams are for World Tag League unless they have some people coming in (or they're going with 8 or 10 teams and not everyone has a tournament match every night). Not good teams - I literally can't find the available guys based on their roster.

1. GOD
  2. Tekkerz
  3. Evil/Yujiro
  4. O'Khan/Henare
  5. Goto/Yoshi Hashi
  6. Makabe/Honma
  7. Kojima/Tenzan
  8. Yano/??? (Nagata? Tanahashi?) - Ishii is in the US

Sanada doesn't have a partner with Naito out. There's no other heavyweights in Suzuki-Gun for Suzuki. Cobb is in the US and I'd assume Kenta is going back (and again, pretty sure Chase already went back, so he doesn't have a partner unless they bring in Fale). Hoping this means we're getting some fresh teams, like Aussie Open perhaps?

Naito announced he’s back for tag league so he’s tagging with SANADA again.

Shingo Takagi's title reign really has been the saving grace of NJPW this year. That ZSJ match was next level great. With Okada getting back into the groove of being the GOAT (yeah, him too, that's too many for one GOAT spot I know), the WK match could be one for the ages. I would not object Okada bringing back the old belt he's carrying around if he won the title, which he probably will. I mean, that World Title belt has been cursed.

Can't wait until Danielson finally gets to do those NJPW shows, hopefully in a not so far futur. So many dream matches to do, but Takagi and ZSJ maybe are the ones I look forward to the most. Hopefully they eventually happen.

That show was a reminder of how much Ospreay & White have been missed on NJPW shows. 

Ishii vs White was awesome. I have no idea how Ishii keeps on going on like that, he legit looks like an old guy when he walks to the ring. It's gonna be striking on Dynamite how small he actually is too.

Okada vs Buddy Matthews, Ospreay vs Narita and Moose vs Robinson were all excellent matches in their own way. Narita is gonna be so great, hopefully not given a stupid gimmick though. Robinson's contract is ending soon I believe, maybe it's time for him to seek other options, I don't see him get much further in NJ. That being said, way too many people in AEW already, and WWE is just cursed. Matthews certainly did himself good for getting a high profile match like that. I guess NJ is the way to go, he doesn't have the WWE style stench like some did when they left (Cardonna at first). Alexander vs Uemura was a very good opener, as expected. Alexander is one of the wrestlers of the year to me, just terrific every time around. 

Did not watch the rest. I'm already way oversaturated now. Too much wrestling available, and too much really good pro-wrestling to boot. Gotta take a rest.

Production sucked though. The sound quality was about as good as listing to a podcast on Winamp or Realplayer, and during the main event the announcing just disappeared for a while. For such a huge company as NJPW, this was pretty amateurish.

Shingo vs Okada and then whoever wins against Ospreay, well you can't complain about those WK main events.

With travel starting to open back up, it seems like New Japan would be a good landing spot for a lot of folks. They have the NJPW Strong shows as well as obviously a lot of holes to fill on the main roster as well. 

Speaking of landing spots, Jay White's deal is up soon too and he's been pretty vocal about seeing what's out there. Not sure if he's just trying to get a better deal with NJ or if he's actually considering what other options are available to him. 

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

Speaking of landing spots, Jay White's deal is up soon too and he's been pretty vocal about seeing what's out there. Not sure if he's just trying to get a better deal with NJ or if he's actually considering what other options are available to him. 

A few years ago, WWE would probably have thrown silly money to get the guy to add to their NXT revolving door of already established super workers and to prevent AEW would getting him. Now ? Not too sure they would even consider it. Sure, he's young but by their standards he's also quite small. If I'm White and I look at how they screwed up 99% of the people they got their hands on, unless I get totally stupid money there's no way I step a foot in this toxic waste of a company. My guess is that playing between NJPW (who really doesn't want to lose a guy like him once the restrictions are lifted) and AEW is the way to go.

It's going to be very interesting to see the free agency of guys like White and Juice Robinson. If NXT isn't an option, they are going to be pretty significantly limited, other than maybe trying to negotiate a dual contract of some sort. I guess there's a chance they could go straight to the WWE main roster mid-card to freshen that up, but is that really an appealing offer for guys in their prime?